Any USA folks recieve their V1U this week? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old November 30th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Any USA folks recieve their V1U this week?

I just wanted to share in the joy of others. ;)

Chris
Old November 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #2
Major Player

Not yet.

I ordered mine from B&H so I hope there will be an early christmas present for me! :)

I'll let you know if I get the "your item has shipped" notification.

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:22 AM   #3
Major Player

V1U from BH

I was one of the first to preorder the V1U from BH (customer service rep told me # 11 or 13). I have been calling the Provideo section of BH and they indicate shipment from Sony to BH this week but can't say from where - so, depending on shipping time, we should be receiving the camera next week or the following week at the latest - I opted for 1 day delivery so will post here when the shipping notice comes in.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:05 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser
I was one of the first to preorder the V1U from BH (customer service rep told me # 11 or 13). I have been calling the Provideo section of BH and they indicate shipment from Sony to BH this week but can't say from where - so, depending on shipping time, we should be receiving the camera next week or the following week at the latest - I opted for 1 day delivery so will post here when the shipping notice comes in.
I gave a call to B&H on Friday and they couldn't tell me anything. :(

Good luck with getting yours soon!!

Chris
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Major Player

Mine's on order with Amazon - still listed as December 22nd delivery.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I got my response back today. The person indicated B&H had received no V1Us and had no date when they would arrive.

Looks like I'll be taking the VX1000 and the HC3 to Charleston this weekend.

Chris
Old December 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #7
Regular Crew

UK delivery has been put back a week. :(

TT
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #8
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tremble
UK delivery has been put back a week. :(

TT

I could have bought a PAL FX7 in K.L., Malaysia today at the Sony Style store. About $4000 USA.
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Steve

Was that the Sony Style shop in the KLCC?

I saw some lovely Bravia screens in there a couple of months ago which hadn't made it to the UK then.

Anyway back on topic, do you know if there was/is a reason for the delays?

TT
Old December 5th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #10
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tremble
Steve

Was that the Sony Style shop in the KLCC?

TT
Hi Tony,

It sure was! Bigger than the Sony store in Las Vegas.

I'm off to Chennai in 24 hours. They have Sony World. I expect they'll have Bravias so I can view a little V1 footage.

I don't think the V1 is delayed. I expected a few by mid-DEC. Quantity not until the end of Dec. I'm hoping that the tester's feedback is being used.

Took some video of the Towers today. But then it stated raining so I didn't get much. Hope to get much more 24p in India.

V1 working perfectly.The histogram function is wonderful!!! Just aim camera and dial exposure shift until the graph looks right. See the red peaking -- and you know you are in focus. Of course, the top of the towers truly is infinity. :)
Old December 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Steve,

The Petronas towers are my absolute favourite building in the world. Day or night they look stunning.

Could you shoot some headlights of cars please Steve. I have noticed on several clips now that there is a magenta flare in the 2 o'clock position near the light source. Never seen anything like it before wondered if you could repeat it/ track down what causes it.

Anyway, if you haven't already, take a trip up the KL tower late afternoon and stay up there to watch sunset and the lights of KL to come on. You get a better view of the city from the KL Tower than you do from the viewing gallery in the Petronas Towers. Even better have a meal in the restaurant up there.

Enjoy your trip.
Old December 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #12
Regular Crew

v1 feedback?

So Steve, for those of us trying to make a decision, can you say anything at this time about the V1 vs. Canon A1?
Rick Hensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #13
Inner Circle

I'm doing interviews and some car footage this weekend at a teen safe driving event. Its not going to be wonderful subject matter in the beauty department but would give the compression engine a good workout with the motion of the cars.

I think I'll use my HC3 so I'll have something to compare against when the V1 does arrive.
Old December 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #14
Major Player

V1U next week from BHPhotovideo

Just got off the phone with the ProVideo section of BH and the representative seemed to know what he was talking about - said that the first shipment of the cameras (> 100 units) should arrive at BH next week and be shipped out. The next wave of several hundred units (believe he said 500-600) two weeks later. This was not customer service as they usually can't tell you anything - this was from the sales division and hopefully they would keep up since they are the people selling the product. Let's hope this is for real.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:40 PM   #15
Regular Crew

BH versus my local dealer?

Hi, I've placed an order for the V1 with my local dealer in Dallas. What's a normal release for a camera like this? Does Sony ship out allotments all over the country at the same time? Or do they start with their large dealers (like BH) first? I'm just wondering if I should place an order with BH before I get too far back in line. Thoughts?
Chris Rentzel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7