Enough of the static outdoor shots using video. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 09:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Enough of the static outdoor shots using video.

When will somene start shooting people (skin tones would be nice to see. Enough with the pets) and action (with a tripod). Like people playing sports or even cars in a city moving. Seems 99% of the footage posted so far is static shots of countryside. Or someone staying in their house going zoom crazy through a window to ... trees, again. That's not going to show us how the camera handles different scenes and what the encode is doing. Please post the m2t original clips instead of mov, wmv, etc which resamples and compresses the nice footage we all want to see. Just post shorter length m2t. Day shots, indoor, outdorr, night shots, please. And where is Chris offering the space here for uploads like he usually does? :-) That free site is a drag waiting and then entering a secret code barely visible. And then to see a static shot of video after downmloading for a half hour is very... well, tyou get the idea. If I had this new camera, I would gladly provide those shots for all to share and see. It only takes a few seconds through out the day for each shot.

I am thnakful, as I belive most of us are, that people are posting their footage. Just pleading for something different. :-)

GG
edit, both flavors orf 24p would be good to see.
Gary Gowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I am thankful for any and all footage posted so far. And I agree with you--we want more! I keep checking back for additional footage. For those of us considering a purchase, the "real world" clips are very helpful.
C.S. Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 11:23 PM   #3
Major Player

I understand completely about wanting different images. Keep in mind that the reason pets are used is that they generally don't mind being uploaded on the internet for all to see. My wife had a problem of my posting sample clips of her and my kids (I completely understand). Also, even short clips become huge files. If I tried to show a car zooming by or fast action sequence you would really need longer clips to digest what you're looking at, and my website is already reaching it's maximum bandwidth.

I did shoot cars wizzing by the highway just to see the motion (though I was standing still) but I was trying to find clips that might show any of the "oil painting" concerns everyone has. I will try to put different clips up after the holiday, because I understand everyone's curiosity about the camera.

Right now my camera is set up with my M2 adapter because I plan on shooting some test footage, so perhaps I'll post this up (I know this isn't what you all might be looking for, but I do have my own priorities too).

I really feel this is a nice little camera and I want to give people out there a chance to see it. Believe me, I'm not taken back by any of the comments above and I know I wasn't being attacked for posting the clips I had. I know everyone wants to see the camera used in a real shooting situation, and believe me, I wish I had more time to do that.

I wish everyone the best for the holiday's and will post more clips when I can.

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:17 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Todd,

I am glad you understand that I am not attacking anyone and I hope everyone understands the same. People can shoot people in public. Any city area with cars moving slowly around and people walking around is legal and okay. I would not want someone posting their kids or family as you suggested.

Happy Holidays to everyone,
Gary

I now think I should have made the subject "Request for different types of footage" :-)
Gary Gowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:20 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gowman
Todd,

I am glad you understand that I am not attacking anyone and I hope everyone understands the same. People can shoot people in public. Any city area with cars moving slowly around and people walking around is legal and okay. I would not want someone posting their kids or family as you suggested.

Happy Holidays to everyone,
Gary

I now think I should have made the subject "Request for different types of footage" :-)
The best way to get specific shots is to either rent of buy the camera.

There are a lot of ways to set up this camera and the first thing most people do when they get a new camera is to see the effect of changing certain parameters on an image. It is much easier to see subtle effects on a static image. I spent the first three days with my camera doing exactly that, getting my head round the setups.

Remember what time of year it is too. I might end up with my shiny new camera rammed up a rather tender orifice if I suggested to my partner I couldn't help with Xmas preparations 'cause I was popping to film some cars! :)

TT
Tony Tremble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:05 PM   #6
Major Player

Gary, after the Xmas celebration i will edit my night shots and publish (somehow...as I am not allowed to post files here...wonder how to get that privilege)
Zsolt Gordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM   #7
Regular Crew

All of us appreciates when someone posts new footage for a new camera. Usually Chris Hurd from this forum offers people an area to upload their footage for the community. Maybe he is on vacation or they are running out of space.

Happy Holidays,
Gary
Gary Gowman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7