24P correctly displayed via component output from the V1U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #1
Major Player

24P correctly displayed via component output from the V1U

In the VASST DVD (I'll agree with Brian Rhodes that it's well worth V1U owners snagging a copy of this), it mentions that the component output of the V1U can provide 24P if shot with that progressive setting - am I correct in thinking that component output correctly displays 24P recorded with the cam?
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 01:16 AM   #2

I'm unable to test this as I don't have the necessary equipment (I'm on travel), but I believe the component carries the pulldown, or in other words, 50i/60i, not 24p.
Easy to test, just don't have a component monitor with me.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #3
Major Player

It's difficult for me to tell since I don't have either the experience of something else to compare it to, but the 24P footage looks different than the 60i when I output it on my HDTV using components from the V1 - but then again, the captured streams (via FCP) also look different than each other.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #4
Inner Circle

One thing to consider is that some displays can remove the pulldown. My Mitsu has that ability.

Chris
Old January 2nd, 2007, 07:40 AM   #5
Major Player

DSE,

Can you check this out? It would be good to know if the component out provides 24p without pulldown. Then, in theory, one could capture using component out and an outboard card to 24p, correct? I'm not really sure how to tell looking at the output of the component feed if it does or not.

Thanks!
Paul Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:59 AM   #6
Major Player

Today I was in a store asking about the new 1080p LCD TVs that was on display and said that when I came in next with my soon to be brand new V1 I'd plug it in to see the 1080p and he said:

"We currently have no cables in Australia that transfer a 1080p signal."

He said that to transfer 1080p you need at least an HDMI-3 cable, which will (when they become available) cost AU$599. He said any other HDMI cable transfers a maximum of 1080i.

Does this sound right to everyone else?

And here's my next question: Does the V1 ship with its own HDMI output cable, and is it HDMI-3?
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:25 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hewat
Today I was in a store asking about the new 1080p LCD TVs that was on display and said that when I came in next with my soon to be brand new V1 I'd plug it in to see the 1080p and he said:

"We currently have no cables in Australia that transfer a 1080p signal."

He said that to transfer 1080p you need at least an HDMI-3 cable, which will (when they become available) cost AU$599. He said any other HDMI cable transfers a maximum of 1080i.

Does this sound right to everyone else?

And here's my next question: Does the V1 ship with its own HDMI output cable, and is it HDMI-3?
The V1U here in the states didn't ship with a HDMI cable. It did include a component cable but no HDMI. :(
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:23 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Just FYI, you can pick up new HDMI cables on eBay for about $10 (not 1.3 cables, mind you). No need to pay an exorbitant price. I have used one with my HC3 with no problems.
C.S. Michael is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7