V1 lens cap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

V1 lens cap

I need to remove the lens hood to make my V1U enter the carrying bag. So I purchased a Sigma UV filter and an Optex lens cap ( http://www.gentec-intl.com/Default.a...&prod_id=BSC62 ). I put my UV filter on and then I add the lens cap.

I only wanted to know if someone had done this before, is it safe ? does another solution exist ?

Thanks
Manfrotto 755MF3 Tripod
Manfrotto 701RC2 Head
Philippe Dionne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi, I do the same.

Off topic: I saw you had this raynox lens. Could you please tell me about it in private email? thanks
Zsolt Gordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Why not share this information in public instead. The point of the message board is to benefit everybody. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

The fish eye lens come with a litlle paded bag and 2 lens cap, rear and front, of the fish eye. The lens is a bit heavy.

It gives a 180 degrees angle of view. I noticed some strange effect when zooming in on a luminar source. It's hard to describe and I can't post any example because my computer is not even completed..

The deformation is noticeable on the sides of the picture, but not too much. The more you zoom in the less deformation is noticeable.

I'm sorry, this is a really poor description, the best I could do is post some footage with the lens on. I'll try to find a solution ASAP.

sorry for bad english

Philippe
Manfrotto 755MF3 Tripod
Manfrotto 701RC2 Head
Philippe Dionne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7