V1U and Redrock Micro M2 film grabs - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 12th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hart
Dioptre is the achromat.

My own works in the range from 1.9M to 14M on the Z1P, with 32mm to54mm zom-in with about 50mm best.

This is the same range I zoom with my FX1, using the 72mm achromat from from Cinevate, having a spacer of about 5 inches from the ground glass on a Micro 35 build I did, using the Redrock DIY guide as a general reference. I shot the DVC7 entry using it for the first time. You can see it :

http://www.makeyourfilm.net/Forgotten.html
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Except for the forementioned CA in the corners on the wides, these would be fairly consistent with groundglass based image relay.

You get a mix of slightly softer image, reduction in video harshness, some grain effect from the groundglass depending on shutter speed and sometimes some gain noise in the soft or bokeh areas of the image, even if not dark.

On another thread, groundglass images have been described as looking like plaster.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #18
Major Player

If anyone would like to see a video that these samples came from, here it is:

http://www.zerocloud.com/M2_sample.mp4

This is a large file (over 140 mb) but I put this up for the curiosity of other M2 owners. This video isn't full rez, but you'll get the idea.

I was really setting up the M2 just to see the various FOV and DOF that each of my lenses have. I wasn't going for the 'perfect' image. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get the desired image that I want.

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smet
Does anybody else notice the odd filter pattern in these images? It looks sort of like the oil paint issue with the Pal models. Is this from the M2 or the camera itself?
This may be the M2, I have noticed this too in other peoples farme grabs sometimes, sometimes depends on he shutter speed
John Benton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7