Using V1 in a SD component switching environment. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #1
New Boot

Using V1 in a SD component switching environment.

I am thinking about using 2 or 3 V1's in a live SD switching environment, but I need to know what types of live SD output signals the V1 has. My switcher can handle composite, YC, and component SC inputs. The program output goes to a DVCAM deck, to an AVI file on a hard drive, and is pushed as a live stream with WM encoding. My switching monitors are all 4:3 except one which is switchable to 16:9

What can I expect from the V1?
David Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #2
Trustee

From memory the V1 has composite, S-Video and component outputs although not the most rugged connectors ever made. If you tied them onto the legs or something nearby they should be fine though.
Bigger question is does the switcher have TBCs on all the inputs?
As far as I know there's no genloc on the A1, you'd need Canon G1s for that.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #3
New Boot

I guess the next question is does the V1 provide a choice as to how the SD signal is treated for display in a 4:3 environment;anamorphic, letter boxed or clipped?
David Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #4
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Grant
From memory the V1 has composite, S-Video and component outputs although not the most rugged connectors ever made.
s-video only by optional cable. a crazy cost cutting move by sony, unless they changed their mind.
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hunt
I guess the next question is does the V1 provide a choice as to how the SD signal is treated for display in a 4:3 environment;anamorphic, letter boxed or clipped?
You can have it anyways you like, anamorphic, letterboxed or cropped on any analogue outputs. There's some limitations on the firewire downconvert, I think only anamorphic.
I think if the cam is in SD you can then select 4:3 or 16:9 and get true 4:3 or anamorphic (i.e. true) 16:9.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7