An Important Forum Policy Reminder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

An Important Forum Policy Reminder

For those who are relatively new to DV Info Net -- meaning, having registered here less than a year ago -- I want to remind you that this is *not* your typical internet message board. Please be fully aware of the qualities that make this site different from the usual internet experience, and please also be fully aware that the way I choose to run this site is an expression of my Freedom of Speech. If my policies are unacceptable to you, then please exercise *your* Freedom of Speech and start your own web site / message board / blog / whatever, and run it the way you want to (and no, I will not link to it).

DV Info Net is not intended to be the biggest or the best message board on the web. I am not interested in post counts, high traffic, large numbers, or many people. Instead I have intended DV Info Net to grow as a repository of useful Technical INFORMATION. Indeed, INFORMATION is the "info" in DV Info Net.

I'm not interested in emotional opinions, ranting and railing, or expressions of anger or frustration. I'm not interested in FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) nor flames. Of all these things which I find undesirable, flaming is the worst. If you see a flame (a personal attack upon character), please use the "report bad post" button found at the lower corner of every post on the site. The report is anonymous and it helps us to keep the boards clean. If you've noticed flaming and haven't reported it, then you're part of the problem. Please be pro-active in this regard; it's always highly appreciated.

Those who wish to share and discuss technical and creative INFORMATION are warmly welcomed here -- that's what this site is for. Those who feel compelled to foist their emotional opinions, flames, or FUD upon this site will quickly find that we (that is, myself and our trusted forum moderators) always remove such noise without delay. New folks who did not familiarize themselves with the way that this site works before they started posting are sometimes surprised by this. This lack of familiarity causes unrealistic expectations about DV Info Net, so I'll reiterate what you can expect from this site:

We try to do our best to share INFORMATION, and to foster intelligent technical and creative discussions about that INFORMATION. We remove flames. We remove FUD. We remove off-topic / metadiscussive posts that *do not directly relate* to the INFORMATION contained in a particular discussion. That's what you should expect. It's been this way for years, ever since we launched back in 2001.

DV Info Net is not intended to appeal to everybody. It is intended to appeal only to those folks who appreciate on-topic, courteous, high-signal, low-noise discussions about technical and creative information. If you disagree with the way DV Info Net is operated, then please don't visit this site anymore. It's that simple. Thanks for understanding,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7