HVR-V1U Demo DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Major Player

HVR-V1U Demo DVD

Has anyone seen the HVR-V1U Demo DVD? How long does it run and how does it look?
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Major Player

not sure what are you referring to as Demo DVD...
Old February 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Major Player

It's a freebie DVD that you could sign up for from Sony. I can't remember what was on it that well, it's been a few weeks, but it seemed somewhat trivial - some demos and product information - it wasn't very substantial.
Greg
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM   #4
Major Player

I just received it for free from Sony and watched it, even though I already have owned the V1U for over a month. It is probably about 45 minutes of marketing/promotional material, divided up much like the Sony web page on the V1U. Of course it is all in standard DVD resolution. Some of it was informative, such as the accessories section, to see how they attached, their relative sizes and ergonomics. The example video was not that great in my opinion, seemed like one of the Sony employees just decided to go out and shoot one day. The lighting is flat and the angles are not that creative and whatever WOW factor might be evident in an HD presentation is lost with the standard def format. However, the images of the soccer match were interesting and the zoom and slow-motion demo was good (although the slo-mo feature doesn't even provide for HD resolution capture).

All the technical info in the DVD is easily obtained via the web and through reviews. In my opinion some of that info is marketing hype, the real proof is in how the camera can work for you and if it will work for you creatively and in the quality it can achieve rather than explanation of how revolutionary the technology is. It is however, a way encourage a potential buyer get excited about the gear and is an expected part of the marketing of any new device.

I think you can live without but since it is free it might be of some value.

-Keith
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 09:16 PM   #5
New Boot

But they will only mail it to a US address :(

SH
Simon Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:20 AM   #6
Major Player

i ordered the DVD a few weeks ago. I wasn't trilled with the samples it was kind of unprofessional but it was very informative. The DVD is free and took about 10 days to recieve it in the mail after I placed the order.
Kajito Nagib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hunt
But they will only mail it to a US address :(

SH

It seems to also be available for Canadian customers.

http://www.theprofessionaledge.ca/ar...rticle_11.html
Craig Irving is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7