filter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

filter

regarding my fx-7 the spot on the picture was a tiny spec on the lens,i know there is a filter kit vf-62cpk for the cam but it seems very expensive for what there is,i only nead at present a filter to go on and protect the lens would a hoya uv[0]be ok for hdv or would i need something better.chris
Chris Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

You'll get better light transmission from the Hoya Super Multi Coated UV filters.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Major Player

I was looking at those on the BHPhotoVideo.com website but the screen-shots make it seem like the sharpness gets cut down drastically.

I'm using a generic brand right now I think. I haven't noticed a big difference really. I'm wondering whether I need to spend $70 Canadian on something like a Hoya Super Multi-Coated filter.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

That's a horrible "simulated image" they have on the site. I use Hoya SMCs on several cameras and have never seen sharpness reduced anything like that. Also, if you look at the "simulated images" for the other UV filters (including Tiffen), they all look the same.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:38 AM   #5
Inner Circle

If you'd like, you can send me an email, and I'll be happy to send you a link to a site, which I have purchased from and trust, that has much better pricing for the Hoya SMCs (and other filters). Out of respect for the sponsors of this site, I won't post a it here. For most gear, I prefer B&H (filters being a rare exception).
Old February 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Wright
If you'd like, you can send me an email, and I'll be happy to send you a link to a site, which I have purchased from and trust, that has much better pricing for the Hoya SMCs (and other filters). Out of respect for the sponsors of this site, I won't post a it here. For most gear, I prefer B&H (filters being a rare exception).
thanks robert i must get a filter in the uk,whether hoya smc or b&h i dont mind but the filter must not reduse sharpness at all,if a uv[o] does that i may not use one but i realy want to. thanks chris
Chris Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7