V1E clips - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Exactly - no reason! And yet, when you attach your camera to a HDTV with cmponent or HDMI, it gets deinterlaced because the 25PsF is carried in the 1080/50i stream. But you said you don't see it on your TV - please describe what TV you're using, and which interface? Is it full HD 1920x1080 through HDMI? Which model?
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Exactly - no reason! And yet, when you attach your camera to a HDTV with cmponent or HDMI, it gets deinterlaced because the 25PsF is carried in the 1080/50i stream. But you said you don't see it on your TV - please desribe what TV you're using, and which interface?
I am using Toshiba 37WL67Z Full HD TV with the HDMI1 input. Accorting to manual it supports 1080i, LCD resolution 1920x1080 and (naturally as this is LCD) has internal deinterleace, but probably don't use it in this case, or then the deinterlaecer is much better quality vs. VLC bob&linear ? Maybe it is all these DCDI Faroudja, PixelProcessingIII+ etc. that makes the difference ?

Linto TV page:
http://www.toshiba.de/consumer/conte...1_1_id3_8.aspx
Timo Mukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Thanks Timo - in the discussion so far, we've been focusing on Sony's own Bravia line of HDTVs, and I can assure you (as can Steve Mullen) that the 25PsF material played on them directly from the V1E via HDMI or component show exactly the same amount of line twittering as thay do when bobbing is imposed on it with VLC.

I've always kept saying this way of deinterlacing is a killer for 25PsF and another solution must exist - who knows, perhaps you have just pointed to one? I'll be paying the Toshiba HDTV a lot of attention now. Also, please keep us informed about your further findings.
Old March 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Thanks Timo - in the discussion so far, we've been focusing on Sony's own Bravia line of HDTVs, and I can assure you (as can Steve Mullen) that the 25PsF material played on them directly from the V1E via HDMI or component show exactly the same amount of line twittering as thay do when bobbing is imposed on it with VLC.

I've always kept saying this way of deinterlacing is a killer for 25PsF and another solution must exist - who knows, perhaps you have just pointed to one? I'll be paying the Toshiba HDTV a lot of attention now. Also, please keep us informed about your further findings.
Unfortunately I have no experince of Sony Bravia TVs, but the Toshiba has performed quite well in some tests, and since I have their HD-DVD player as well I thought this would be a good TV for it. There is also a 42inch model, this I have is 37" (smallest full-HD). Also I know Sharp has some Full-HD TVs, and some more unknown Xoro and Mirai have even 1080p models available already. These are all quite low cost models also.
Timo Mukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:52 AM   #20
New Boot

Piotr, I have done some more testing. I downloaded your clips with various i/p and sharpness settings (from your backyard) and burnt it to HD-DVD and there this twitter was more obvious (on the horizontal lines of the wall). With 25p and shapness set to 7 this was quite obvious also on my TV, still not as bad as on my PC with bob on, with sharpness 3 I would say it was totally gone and with 5 still usable (some very small twitter visible). I noticed also that my newer PC (using the same 22" LCD monitor than the old one) created less twitter, almost as little as my HDTV, so the graphics card might have something to do with this also ? The comments above (with bob creating a huge difference with my clips) was based on the older PC, where the bob really messes the picture (or then it is the analog component video I am using with it, the newer one uses DVI). If you like I can post you the DVD-R and you can go and compare different TV sets yourself (just email me your address).
Timo Mukari is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7