can someone tell me how to make the sony HVR V1U work with final cut pro??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 10th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

can someone tell me how to make the sony HVR V1U work with final cut pro???

Why o why is it not compatible??? ive been working some time now with the final cut studio and i find it to be the best for what i do. I am trying to make the upgrade to HD and cannot find a suitable camera that works nicely like the XL2. Now canon has a camera but the dumbasses changed the 24p for 24f, so, that is automatically out of the question, no more canon for me... but now, i want to get the sony but im getting these problems... it is not compatible with FCS. What can i do? is there gonna be a plug in on the way soon or simply sony and apple do not match??? please help.
Angel Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #2

The problem is not the camcorder, it's the NLE. There are already third party tools that allow 24f/p to be used in FCS, but they cost $$.
Apple isn't often up to speed on new products, but they do eventually release it. Apple didn't support the DVX100 for nearly 2 years, but support did come. Avid was late to the 24p game in both DV and HDV worlds as well.
I'd be checking out Graeme Nattress' plugs, or the beta for CineForm for the Mac, if you want to be using 24p/f HDV right now in FCS.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the answer

Thanks you guys. One question do, you mentioned that software is available but it costs money... wich softwares would that be?
Angel Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #4
Major Player

According to the rumour mill, FCP will be updated to version 6 at NAB (a year later that originally targeted!). I would imagine that the various workflow holes will be plugged...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7