DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/)
-   -   HVR-V1 Connecting to Vegas 7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/88950-hvr-v1-connecting-vegas-7-a.html)

Hugh Mobley March 14th, 2007 08:23 PM

HVR-V1 Connecting to Vegas 7

HVR-V1 Connecting to Vegas 7
just got a V1, took a couple of clips and tried to load on Vegas 7, it doesn't see cam, my A1 connected just fine, but,I remember having an initial problem connecting, and cannot remember exactly what I did to finally have software recognize cam, thought it was a driver, Checked all the settings in the preferences, don't believe I missed anything,ilink is set to off, can anyone offer suggestions, thanks

Michael Phillips March 14th, 2007 10:38 PM

You need to have the ilink on.

Hugh Mobley March 14th, 2007 10:52 PM

V1 conection

If I turn the ilink on I can only capture hdv-dv, I had this same problem when I got my A1, couldn't connect until i changed a setting, can't remember what, and eve sony tech support was no help, I keep thinking I updated or added a driver. thanks

Michael Phillips March 14th, 2007 11:23 PM

Are you downloading Hdv to Dv or Dv to Dv.

Hugh Mobley March 14th, 2007 11:33 PM

hdv-hdv, my vegas 7 is all set and didn't have a problem with my A1, hdv-hdv
I sold that cam and got a V1, took a couple of clips, presto, computer doesn't see the cam nor does vegas.

Michael Phillips March 14th, 2007 11:41 PM

On page 106 of the manual there are some points to note about connecting to a computer, but the thrust of it all is that every adjustment is done before connecting. Make sure you connect to the computer first. It sometimes pays to just reconnect the camera a few times to get it to work.

Bob Grant March 14th, 2007 11:42 PM

First of, are you using internal or external capture?

HDV ONLY works with internal capture, it will not work with VidCap.exe

Secondly does Windows itself recognise the device, if WinXP doesn't see it Vegas will not be able to see it either.

Try this, power up everything except the camera. Once WinXP is up, switch the cam on, Windows should 'bing' and say it's found the device, don't remember what Windows IDs it as but it should not be a DV device.

Hugh Mobley March 15th, 2007 12:00 AM

I had this same issue when I got my A1, finally got it to work, did not change anything in vegas and was connecting my A1 with no proble, got to be windows issue not recognizing cam, oh well I will keep after it, thanks

Doug Graham March 15th, 2007 10:38 AM

This is a general caution about all Firewire connections.

Sony recommends powering off the device before connecting, due to the risk of supplying power with the wrong polarity if you try to insert the connector upside down. (I know, it only goes in one way. But it only takes a momentary shot of reverse polarity to fry a microcircuit.)

Here's the Sony bulletin:
Care must be taken when connecting the Sony i.LINK ( IEEE 1394 / FIREWIRE) into your PC /MAC Computer or other Device. The Sony i.LINK connector design is dictated by the IEEE 1394 industry standard and the socket and cable are constructed with a keyed guide to assist with
proper installation. It is necessary to visually confirm that the plugs and sockets are lined up correctly for proper installation and to prevent damage to the internal circuitry of the units. Even though the plug and socket will only fit completely together properly in onedirection, there is still power present if either device is powered on. If there is an attempt to insert the plug INCORRECTLY (wrong polarity) the PC / MAC Computer or other Device can supply power to the signal pin of the i.LINK. This directly connects to the
i.LINK IC and can damage the circuit.

In order to prevent accidental damage, the following steps must be followed when connecting DVCAM equipment to a PC / MAC Computer or other Devices via the i.LINK Port:
1. Power down the Computer / Device and DVCAM
2. Connect the i.LINK cable to the Computer / Device by visually confirming
proper fit and polarity.
3. Connect the i.LINK cable to the DVCAM by visually confirming proper fit and
polarity.
4. Turn on the power to the Computer / Device and then the DVCAM.
Please review these instructions carefully. Damage to the DVCAM i.LINK
components caused by improper installation is not covered by Sony’s
warranty.

Not saying that this is what happened to your camera; just reminding everyone to be careful with those little bitty plugs.

Hugh Mobley March 15th, 2007 03:07 PM

Hvr-a1

its solved, basically, its my stupid laptop which works most of the time, windows xp sp1, I believe that could be problem, tried it on my new office desktop, no problem at all, tried it another computer I set up just for editing, sp1, no dice would not work, so now I'll just take my external 3 gig harddrive to office and pull clips off on to it then I can edit on any computer, thanks everyone.