Capture settings for FCP 5 and dv 24p from V1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 25th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Capture settings for FCP 5 and dv 24p from V1

I'm a complete amateur when it comes to 24p. I got the V1 and im trying to experiment with the 24p in dv mode, but i dont know what my capture and sequence settings are supposed to be in FCP 5? Someone help me set this up please!
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Trey, check out the following thread about how to process 24P with FCP:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...t=intermediate
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I actually have already read through that whole thread...but my footage is captured in DV 24p...not HDV...so the settings and process would be different with FCP right? IF i would have captured in HDV i would have just referred to that threadd...but unfortunately my tape is already recorded in DV
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Sorry Trey, I didn't read your post correctly.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Regular Crew

its cooool, im just tryin to figure this out soon because my project is due for my video class soon. (im in high school) I didn't think it was too complicated for just DV mode, thats why i shot it in DV. After i read that thread you referred me to, i knew i didn't want to deal with the 1080p24 because of the crazy workflow right now. I figured the DV 24p would be a quick settings change but maybe im wrong? I thought the Dv 24p was like other cameras DV 24p....i dont know that much about this so im pretty much clueless on what to do....the only schooling i ever get on video stuff is on this forum...someone help please haha
Trey Dillen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7