saturation difference between hd / sd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 11th, 2007, 01:20 AM   #1
Trustee

saturation difference between hd / sd

still investigating all the options....

i shot a static scene in hd at default settings (ie. no profiles, etc.,). looked great, but lacking in saturation, HOWEVER, i then did both a in camera conversion to sd, and also recorded the same scene in sd. both the sd versions looked more saturated?

am i missing something?

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:11 AM   #2
Major Player

You watched the clip on your computer? There will be conversion differences in levels between an mpeg2 and a dv file especially on playback. Try opening the frames directly with virtualdub etc to really see what they look like.
Mikko Lopponen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #3
Trustee

hi mikko,

i monitor on both pc and crt. will have a look at virtual dub later today. but i still want to know which i should be monitoring if i want to cc or tweak images.

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7