ok so to get the true 1080p you have to ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Raskin View Post
Live HDMI out of V1U is 1920x1080i60 in 4:2:2 color space.

Intensity card DOES allow you to remove 24p pulldown in real time on HDMI capture when used with Cineform Aspect HD (supposedly NEO HD too?).
Isn't that the camera has progressive chip but when record to tape it will split the frame into interlace?

When directly to HDMI or HD-SDI, isn't it will capture what the progressive chip recorded? So, through HDMI live capture of V1, it will be 1920x1980p whether 25p(in PAL) or 30p(in NTSC)

I just want to know if my understanding is the correct ones...
Farishad Latjuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:04 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Omiatek View Post
I never said it would be run and gun. It's not possible. I have 50ft HDMI cable that I will connect to my V1.
I have a treatment of having a lot of camera movement, not really run n' gun per se. Since the cable can withstand 50ft(15 meter) or 12ft(3.5 meter) as Alex Raskin mentioned, do you think that handheld, with a lot of camera movement, in confined place or limited range of space (limited to the cable length) will be able to suit my treatment.

I never capture live with cable before, I just want to make sure I'm able to do it, since I have an understanding that GOP will suffer badly when doing a lot of camera movement.
Farishad Latjuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:16 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farishad Latjuba View Post
Isn't that the camera has progressive chip but when record to tape it will split the frame into interlace?

When directly to HDMI or HD-SDI, isn't it will capture what the progressive chip recorded? So, through HDMI live capture of V1, it will be 1920x1980p whether 25p(in PAL) or 30p(in NTSC)

I just want to know if my understanding is the correct ones...
No. The camera does have progressive chips, but that's where it ends. As it has been pointed out by others, according to Sony for compatibility the signal is changed to interlace before any output. Therefore, you cannot get native 1080p out of this camera. But that doesn't matter because with the pulldown, you are still getting true progressive in either 24 or 30 frames or 25 frames in PAL land. The only advantage of taking the live HDMI signal is bypassing HDV compression, getting uncompressed images and 4:2:2 color. There are very few cameras, including higher end professional cameras, that will output and/or record 1080p 60.
John Bosco Jr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7