Petrol PCCB-2-N Bag With A Z1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Petrol PCCB-2-N Bag With A Z1?

anyone ever use the Petrol PCCB-2-N with the Z1? it looks like it might be a nice fit, but just wondering if anyone had tried it (it's not listed as a suggestedd camera, but i think one of the pictures on the petrol website shows a Z1 in there). i've had petrol products in the past, and i really like them. if anyone has use one of these with a Z1, let me know what you think:

http://petrolbags.com/products/Camer...B-2/PCCB-2.htm
Jon Downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Major Player

It is advertised as accommodating the Z1 and is similar to the PWB-HDV. A lot of space for accessories. I prefer the PCPR-1 HDV which will take the Z1 with Chroziel matte-box installed (although I do remove the adjustment knob for the french flag). Less room for accessories, but it still has room for spare batteries, tapes, charger, Sony lens hood, filters, microphone, cables, Edirol R-09, Sennheiser folding earphones, notebook and lens cleaning stuff with room to spare. Obviously you have to explore your best packing arrangement (no instructions provided). Douglas Spotted Eagle wrote a review (some time back): http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar..._camporter.htm
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:06 AM   #3
Inner Circle

This is my bag of choice for my Z1 Jon. It's so good to have one pull of the double zip expose everything contained therein, and the silly 'official' bag Sony sell for the FX1/Z1 is festooned with side and end pockets such that you spend an age sorting and sifting through each pocket looking for that mic / tape / battery.

Go for the 2N, I'm sure (like me) you'll be delighted. It's a good bit cheaper than much of the competition, yet is strong, has a good handle clasp that will stop kids at events getting to look inside and has partitioning that you can play around with to keep your kit snug.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:28 PM   #4
Regular Crew

thanks, tom. actually, i already ordered it! ups tracking says it should be here today...it's already 5:20pm. where's my bag!

i have the petrol bag for my PDX10, too...i highly recommend their products.
Jon Downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:34 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Designed in Israel and made in China and exported thousands of miles. The plane that brings these bags into the country must be full of air.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1