How to clean camera and lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to clean camera and lenses

What do guys use to clean camera body and lenses on camera? and how to remove a dust and dirt from small places.
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Wrangler

I have a couple different microfiber cloths to clean lenses, or I use cleaning solution and lens paper if things are bad. Aside from that, I've got a little hand pump air blower which was in a box of photographic stuff I inherited from my dad. It just provides a small blast of air through a nozzle. I also sometimes use a squeeze bulb blower thing which has a soft brush on the end.

Have never had the need to clean anything on my Z1 more thoroughly than that.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
I have a couple different microfiber cloths to clean lenses, or I use cleaning solution and lens paper if things are bad. Aside from that, I've got a little hand pump air blower which was in a box of photographic stuff I inherited from my dad. It just provides a small blast of air through a nozzle. I also sometimes use a squeeze bulb blower thing which has a soft brush on the end.

Have never had the need to clean anything on my Z1 more thoroughly than that.
what is name of solution that you use?
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Wrangler

Gee, I don't really know. It's something I picked up a few years ago at a camera shop from a rack of accessories. It's a little red squeeze bottle which just says "cleaning solution" on it...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Major Player

Rosco makes a very good solution for lens cleaning, and their lens paper is nice and large.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1