FX-1 lens filters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 30th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FX-1 lens filters

Hi all,
Recently picked up a Sony FX-1 video camera and was hoping to get some feedback as to what lens filters people preferred. I would like to stay with the screw on type for now, but was primarily interested in what make/brand people liked best and how video performance differed, if at all, between brands.As always, thanks in advance for any/all input.
Matthew Klos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM   #2
Inner Circle

As long as you don't buy the cheapest ones available, any should do just fine. Leave a UV filter on at all times. You don't really need anything else. Any other effects you can do in post. Some people like polarizers.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:34 PM   #3

I am looking for a wide angle lens for my Fx1, which brands do you folks use?
Old July 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM   #4
New Boot

I don't believe its quite true that that "any else you can do in post". For example, if you use a cooling filter under warm incandescent lights, a more balanced signal hits the senser, and records with less noise. If you let the warm signal hit the sensor, the camera has to close the iris in order not to not blow out the red channel, and then digitally increase the blue channel to balance the color, which has been weakly recorded and will be noisy. I've verified this with physical tests.

Cheers,
Anna
Anna Uio is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1