Capture Query at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 20th, 2008, 04:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Capture Query

Can someone please tell me how to capture footage from a Z1 to FCP? I have some HD footage to capture but FCP wont let me. I dont need the footage in HD as its going be burned to a normal DVD, i just need to capture it so i can edit it. ive switched the Ilink on but it still doesnt work. Anyone know what settings are needed? thanks.
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Trustee

Dennis,

You need to give us more info. What do you mean "Final Cut won't let you"? You have no deck control at all? Or it starts to capture and quits? What?

Also, are you trying to capture in HDV format, or downconvert to DV as you capture? These need very different deck/camera settings.

Cheers,
Vito
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks got it sorted.
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #4
New Boot

Make sure camera and computer are off before connecting

For the longest time I couldn't capture off my Z1U, but it turns out that the computer and camera have to be powered down before plugging in the firewire from camera to computer. After that, turn on the computer...then turn on camera. It's worked for me ever since.
Hannah Smith Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1