DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   E 61:10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/128352-e-61-10-a.html)

Aldric Bailey August 20th, 2008 09:16 AM

E 61:10

Hi guys, it's been a while... lots and lots of changes in this life of mine... but the most pressing has to be this Error code I got on Saturday last...

E 61:10

I have no idea, never seen it before and I'm (a bit) scared to find out how serious it is and/or what it means for my beloved FX1E...

any leads?...

sorry for not being here more often...

note to self... need to lose that "tourist" tag...

Thanks all

Aldric

Paul Renz August 20th, 2008 10:06 AM

E 61:10 Zoom operations fault (Cannot initialize zoom lens.)

try to reset the cam then power it off and on again they also say might help to smack de cam but i dont know if thats healthy for the cam

let me know if it helps.

Aldric Bailey August 20th, 2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Renz (Post 922573)
E 61:10 Zoom operations fault (Cannot initialize zoom lens.)

try to reset the cam then power it off and on again they also say might help to smack de cam but i dont know if thats healthy for the cam

let me know if it helps.

done all of that except smacking it... (which I will NEVER do as it's super sensitive)

maybe a service call is in order...

cheers for that though...

now, where's the number for that techie dude... it's here somewhere in this space...

Thanks though...

Aldric

Paul Renz August 20th, 2008 11:00 AM

Goodluck with the cam ;)

Tim Snyder August 21st, 2008 07:50 PM

Rough Problem

I had to send my camera to Sony. It was still under warranty so it was covered.

They had to replace the lens, lens assembly and components operating the lens and focus. Basically, I sent my camera in and received a new camera from the lens out.

Hitting your camera "CAN" make it worse. I tried that many times to no avail. Basically you can restart the cam a thousands times and the one time it works use it, because once you restart it you may have the issue again.

I heard that this repair was several hundred dollars, but I don't know for sure.

Hope that helps. My take is that it will give you much more sanity if you send it to Sony. BTW / I didn't have my camera a total of 3 weeks so it was pretty fast.

Tim

Aldric Bailey August 31st, 2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Snyder (Post 923279)
I had to send my camera to Sony. It was still under warranty so it was covered.

They had to replace the lens, lens assembly and components operating the lens and focus. Basically, I sent my camera in and received a new camera from the lens out.

Hitting your camera "CAN" make it worse. I tried that many times to no avail. Basically you can restart the cam a thousands times and the one time it works use it, because once you restart it you may have the issue again.

I heard that this repair was several hundred dollars, but I don't know for sure.

Hope that helps. My take is that it will give you much more sanity if you send it to Sony. BTW / I didn't have my camera a total of 3 weeks so it was pretty fast.

Tim

Cheers Tim... I have done this... granted I feel like a fish out of water, but like with the Porsche in the Garage a little maintaining is a good thing...

oh and guys, NEVER EVER HIT YOUR CAMERAS...

cheers again

stay safe

use the force

and let's be careful out there!