West Coast FX1 Repair Facility recommendations? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 10th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Major Player

West Coast FX1 Repair Facility recommendations?

My FX1 decided to partially stop working on my last assignment in Asia.

Specifically, the menu button rarely worked, and the scroll menu roller button stopped working altogether, so I couLd not enable the audio input from a pair of new Sennheiser wireless lav mics I bought for the assignment. Don't you just love it?

Back home, the menu button always now works, plugging in the power charger only sometimes gets me a charging yellow light, the toggle menu roller button still does not work when you roll it, but it works when you press it.

I wonder if that entire rectangular module has some bad connections....

I tried VideoOne repair, they gave me over the online form a $499 price, which I thought was rather too fast...so I put in all I wanted was the for tape head to be cleaned with the pop in cassette, got the same $499 price, which they confirmed they pretty much charge that price for any minor repair.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Did you check the Sony website? They have a finder that will locate the authorized service center nearest you.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Nothing in my area from the Sony website, and Sony themselves want a flat rate of $511 for any repair.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1