FX1 for green screen? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 29th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #1
Major Player

FX1 for green screen?

Anyone know if shooting with the cinemframe 30 helps with keying FX1 footage? I would convert to pro res before bringing into after effects, and since the cineframe 30 mode is progressive I'm considering using it.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I wouldn't bother trying with cineframe, as it drops the resolution and in my limited experience of trying to key with this camera you will need that extra. I would think that you'd be better off converting to progressive in post. I have seen some keys pulled with the FX1 that looked okay, so I'm sure some people on here can answer this with a bit more insight.

Adrian
Adrian Frearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi :)

I think it's not much difference. I did both (Cineframe 25 here) with equally good results.
I guess I would do it interlaced.

Cheers!

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:10 AM   #4
New Boot

Adrian is right. Using cineframe will reduce the resolution. Use the standard camera setting and deinterlace in post.
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Major Player

So Cineframe 30 lowers the resolution. They say it's the same a shooting with a shutter speed of 30. I had to shoot at a shutter speed for 30, so I figured I'd give it a try.
So my question is: If I shoot with Cineframe 30, I know the resolution drops... but if I turn the shutter speed down to 30 as well -does the resolution drop AGAIN?
I have shot some footage and it does not look the "Same as shooting w/ a shutter speed of 30" as I have read. I'll spare you the explanation of why I had to shoot with a lower shutter speed, but I'm curious if the resolution is lowered again and again at each step.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1