Sony HDV Handycam DSR 0000 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 18th, 2004, 05:26 PM   #61
Inner Circle

I agree. Everyone is now going to wait till after NAB. They were going to do that anyway!!! I am sure it will be expected that Sony, JVC Canon and eventually Panasonic will have HDV products that closely match the present lineup in DV. Its like D8 but with the ability to still record in the old format!!!! I feel the camera most likely to get hurt by these new announcements might be the very nice looking DVC30 from Panasonic. If a HDV "VX3000" or HDV GL3 is in the works I am sure most people would opt for a camera with a future rather than a past. Although I am a very serious amateur ( rent Panasonic AGDVC200 and DVX100 for most shoots with my own 1CCD Sony's as backup) I would consider buying something like this HDV Sony announcement as I feel it would have a future for a few years. I still have a Sony VX3 Hi8 I bought when they first came out and have not felt a similar breakthrough camera has appeared since then. I looked at the VX1000 and VX2000 too but when compared to the VX3 they both lack a lot of controls like shutter speed and gain that are excluded from the prosumer models and only made available on the DSR range. The down side of the DSR range is no LP speed which puts me at a disadvantage shooting stage productions that always need to have the security of tape lengths of at least 90 mins. I am looking forward to a HDV camcorder that takes large DV cassettes like the JVC DV5000 or Panasonic AGDVC200.

Ron
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:06 PM   #62
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I have merged three "DSR 0000" threads into one. At this point let's keep the discussion in this thread, at least until the "DSR 0000" is assigned a model number.

Pace yourselves, folks. <g>

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #63
Wrangler

It's probably no more significant than the "DSR 0000" moniker, but I noticed the (mysterious vanishing) hi-res image file was named HDV_G1_hisres.JPG....
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #64
MPS Digital Studios

Good idea, Ken. We're just all excited.

heath
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #65
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

At this point I'd bet there are 4-6 divisions in Sony working on this little toy. And all of them probably have their own product designations.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #66
Trustee

Heath, are you a little excited? You just posed the same thing 5 times! ;>)
Ken
Old March 18th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #67
MPS Digital Studios

Actually, no, but I see your point. Probably because I have so many other things on my mind, I just kept typing it. Also two threads were merged into one, and both the JVC announcement posts were in there. I will correct it!

heath
Old March 18th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #68
Major Player

I think there should be laws against paper releases and announcments. Now i cant wait to see the green flag drop and the b**s*** stop :D.

OOHHh exciting days.

/me still wishes for a 30/45minute HQ mode and 720p120/100/60/50/30/25/24 all in one cam. *sigh*

Without dreams we dont get realities i spose eh? :)

Did someone want the hiRez pic? i have it...
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:35 PM   #69
Wrangler

The 1-2-3 buttons

I'm guessing the 1-2-3 buttons are memory settings for focus.
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:32 AM   #70
Trustee

Sony Corporate maketing must be very proud of how well everyone is hyping their non existant cam. Basically grinding JVC's HD10 sales to a halt. Too bad considering they will be the only HDV game in town for another 6-8 months, maybe longer. If they release a seperate pro version it could be this time next year.
Sony will gladly string us along to keep the sale, its only smart business.
The "leaked" price tag of $5000 will surely be $5999 when released, or even more is Sony hasn't over estimated how much 3chip HDV componets will drop by the shipping date. Hype Low - Sell high. Regardless it will be 2+ times the price of the HD10 when it ships.
It will for sure be a nice cam if all the specs stick through roll-out. I do wonder what they will disable or configure in a annoying way? No cutting edge low cost cam is ever perfect. There not designed to be ;>)
Ken
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:35 AM   #71
MPS Digital Studios

Ken,

Good point, but I think with JVC announcing their 3 chip camera before Sony can at NAB may have helped a lot. it says it's an ENG style camera which may mean a removable lens!

heath
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:26 PM   #72
Major Player

very cool...I am going to NAB now.

Bet sony will drop another hidef bomb in a few months with an upgraded professional version.

All Canon has to do is drop hd chips in it's xl1s camera body, and with replaceable lenses it will jump to the front.

I would not ever buy a jvc if I knew a proven workhorse like a vx2100 HDV was available, even if I have to pay extra $$.

The big question: Can 1080i interlaced with mpeg2 compression be tamed with software to make a great indie film blowup??
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #73
MPS Digital Studios

Don't forget Canon and Sharp still have cameras in the works! (Or just decks...)

heath
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #74
Inner Circle

A guy on another forum has put up a link with the original hi-rez pic. A number of people have asked about it in here.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-12/74415/SonyHDV.jpg

I'm of mixed emotions about this new development. On the one hand, it's incredibly exciting, but it completely blows my budget. I hadn't planned to make the jump to HD for another two years. By then I would already have that Vinten tripod I've had my eye on. Five grand is just a lot of money to come up with, and it means not buying a lot of other stuff like more lights and audio equipment. I know it's the story and craft more than it's about pixels, and we're still years away from masses of people owning HD TVs, but if your main dream is to shoot a feature with any chance of wide release, it's going to be awfully hard to shop around something shot on NTSC the minute this beast gets released.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #75
MPS Digital Studios

Not neccesarly...

Movies shot on 16 mm still do well, as do anything else. I would focus more on the story and quality of the picture than on what camera you use. It's an old debate, I know...

If you can't afford it, try the HD10. Check out some movies shot on the HD10 here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=22833

and

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=22374

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1