DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Welcome aboard! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/31772-welcome-aboard.html)

Chris Hurd September 11th, 2004 09:22 PM

Welcome aboard!

After some slight re-arranging of our HDV section, here's your new FX1 forum. Heath's in charge -- enjoy!

Heath McKnight September 11th, 2004 11:15 PM

I can tell already this is going to be a great board! Of course, like many of you, I wish I could sell my HD10 to buy the Sony HDV...

heath

Lynne Whelden September 12th, 2004 08:05 AM

Wouldn't you know I just bought my HD10 just days before the Sony announcement. Well, at least I bought it used on ebay.

Christopher C. Murphy September 12th, 2004 08:29 AM

HD10U users should ban together, and try and get a special return policy with JVC. :)

Seriously, maybe JVC will accept returns for a "super-duper" version of their HDV camera? We get $1000 off their new 3CCD, full manual control version of their HD10U camera. Wishful thinking? Probably considering how no one at JVC has listened or responded to our plight about manual controls!

I've always loved Sony, and I just feel like they're more customer oriented with the feature list. The PD-150 was made to work, and it did for years and years. It looks like the FX-1 will be the new camera to own...the "Pro" version just might be the reason to take a small loan!!

Murph

Lynne Whelden September 12th, 2004 07:28 PM

HD10U users should ban together, and try and get a special return policy with JVC. :)

It's called a class-action suit!

Heath McKnight September 12th, 2004 08:15 PM

First, a class action suit over the HD10 would be without merit.

Second, I'm not sure a business would succeed if they gave back money a year out from a camera sale.

heath

Christopher C. Murphy September 12th, 2004 09:03 PM

We're just kidding, and don't tell us you haven't at least thought about it too! :)

murph

Heath McKnight September 12th, 2004 09:11 PM

Well, it's the Internet, I can't always tell. I guess I'm just paranoid. <g>

hwm

Lynne Whelden September 13th, 2004 06:52 AM

Seriously, though

At this point JVC is damned if they do and damned if they don't . If they don't make a move before Sony's camera comes out, their HD10 sales are going to plummet to zero. If they do make a move, people will angrily wonder why they waited so long. It's almost sad when you step back and take in the big picture. I think someone else said that JVC seems to have a reputation for taking the bold first steps on a new technology and then letting others reap the financial rewards.

Heath McKnight September 13th, 2004 08:28 AM

Here's a theory:

1. The XL-1s lost business to the DVX100A and only came out with a competiting version two years later, because Canon and Panasonic are sister companies.

2. The JVC could, and I stress the word COULD because this is my theory, be beholden to Sony for a little while. They both own the rights to the technology...But, who knows? JVC may have something up their sleeve.

hwm