DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Sony Z1 and FX1 various questions 2004 - 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/31899-sony-z1-fx1-various-questions-2004-2005-a.html)

Laszlo Bodo February 2nd, 2005 08:14 AM

Z1U - power suply

Is the battery charger and power suply coming with the Z1 110/230V ?

Robert Mann Z. February 2nd, 2005 08:45 AM

fx1 shoot out

not really a measurebator's shoot out, but some good over points...between an xl2, fx1, dvc60 (don't ask), and vx2000 (yes the old one)...

the magazine eventdv has pictures of comparison shots, i don't think the online article does

http://tinyurl.com/6z5ow

Christopher C. Murphy February 3rd, 2005 07:45 PM

Proud owner of a HVR-Z1U! (I'll be in LA tomorrow if anyone wants to hang!)

I got it and finally just got home and now I have to pack it for my trip to LA in the morning!! I haven't even opened the box...it's like Christmas!

I'll be in LA tomorrow afternoon with my Z1 if anyone wants to hang or shoot something on Saturday! Email me..chris.murphy@willowstudios.com

The box is so light, I hope it's in there?!!!

Murph

Greg Jacobson February 3rd, 2005 10:45 PM

What focus controller did that guy from "Jag" use?

I can't quite make out what focus rig and mattebox the guy who shoots for the TV show "Jag" had on his Z1 cam.

Also, when you use a focus rig can you easily switch back to autofocus mode on the fly or do you have to disconnect the focus rig to use autofocus?

Greg Jacobson February 4th, 2005 03:23 AM

FX1 vs Z1 autofocus assist

I know that the Z1 has "focus assist" and you can "touch up" the autofocus if needed. So you cannot move the focus ring on the FX1 while in autofocus or if you do you will damage the camera?

Rob Lohman February 4th, 2005 05:14 AM

The answer to your first question is clearly being answered
multiple times in the original thread (which is just a couple of
threads below the new one you just created):

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=38555

You can leave the follow focus on, since the Z1's focus ring
does not move when you are on auto focus.

Scott Shuster February 4th, 2005 06:02 PM

B&H Photo Now Delivering HVR-Z1U

B&H Photo on Ninth Avenue and 33rd Street here in Manhattan called me late this morning and told me to come-and-get-it, which I immediately did. The Z1U was waiting for me at the customer service counter as promised.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch in Greenwich Village: Nobody! Everyone else here hurtled off to a shoot in OREGON this morning...Leaving me alone with the box!!

It's no fun if there's no one else here to enjoy it!! And there's not!

I'm lucky the Oregon-bound taxi was already halfway-across the Williamsburg Bridge headed for LaGuardia Airport when the news came from B&H, or the Z1 could have ended up in flight with fingers poking it all the way to Portland (with a stop in Minneapolis-St.Paul) and the potential for real damage from an errant squirt of Dijonnaise squeezed too enthusiastically from one of those plasticine airline envelopes.

Whew!

So while I should be the very defiinition of high (ha!) to have finally gotten my hands on this thing, instead I'm putting it out of sight under a desk so I don't think about it (too much) until Monday, when everyone hurtles home from OREGON. More to follow at that time.

Bob Zimmerman February 7th, 2005 06:46 PM

any Z1 reports?

Not hearing much back on the Z1. Good or Bad?

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 7th, 2005 07:05 PM

Look around a little Bob, there are a lot of good things being said about the Z1. The few "not so good" things being said are mostly being said by people who either were expecting 100K performance out of a 5K cam, or people who haven't actually touched the camera.
I've got a couple, it's a great cam. You can download several free clips from the VASST site, www.vasst.com/hdv/hdvportal.htm

Ed Szarleta February 8th, 2005 11:59 AM

FX1 Expanded Focus - Auto Only?

Ok, having a problem getting expanded focus working in Manual. I am not recording and I understand it does not function in record mode. Does it only work in Auto mode?

Greg Jacobson February 8th, 2005 12:05 PM

I think the only time it does not work is when you are recording.

Robert Mann Z. February 11th, 2005 10:54 AM

Heath in latest issue of SYNC

there is a picture of you and a quote in the latest issue of SYNC talking about the new fx1...

if this was already discussed my bad....

Heath McKnight February 11th, 2005 10:57 AM

Oh, yeah, I forgot all about that! I've been hit from left and right by magazines, and I keep forgetting all that stuff! The interest they have in the FX1 is AMAZING!

Thanks for the head's up!

heath

Adrian Roup February 11th, 2005 02:54 PM

Specs and review for Sony's HVR-Z1E

Hi Guys,

I may be a bit late with this news, but incase you're still looking, there's a review with specs on the Sony Biz Europe site.

Go to: www.sonybiz.net

in the search field type OV HVR-Z1E and it will bring it up.

Enjoy,

EPK Ade

James Darren February 12th, 2005 09:10 AM

Slow Motion with Z1

Hello all,

Has anyone tried shooting in either 50i or 60i mode with the Z1 & then tried slowing it down in post? If my theory is correct, you should be able to shoot in 50i or 60i HD mode then transfer the the frames to 50p or 60p in SD with good quality, am I right??

I've been thinking of buying a Z1 as an alternative to shooting action sports with my Bolex at 64fps if the Z1 can achieve good quality slow motion, although I guess the software plays a major part in this...

Look forward to hearing Z1 owners experiences wth this...