HDR-FX1 vs. Pro model - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 18th, 2004, 11:55 PM   #16
Major Player

i dont think there was a gamble to be made... its HD... look how many are hanging out for the right cam with the right features for the lower price. Hell consumers will eat them up even!
Old September 19th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #17
Major Player

I was speaking about Canon not Sony.
Gary McClurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:05 AM   #18
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Barry Green : There were numerous changes from the VX2000 to the PD150, including the addition of DVCAM recording mode, a B&W viewfinder, XLR audio connectors, the ability to control gain regardless of the aperture setting, and the ability to individually control the level of each audio channel.

As I understand, there are similar caliber differences between the VX2100 and the PD170, but in the PD170 you also get a wide-angle lens included. -->>>

Thanks Barry. I wanted to point out those differences as a way of predicting what Sony may do with the pro version of the FX1. It would seem likely that their corporate philosophy with this new camera should follow what they have done in the past with the VX/PD. In addition, I believe the premium Sony charged for those upgrades in the PD models was about $1000.

As someone who has spent the year looking forward to the introduction of the XL-2, the FX1 has really complicated matters - unless you view choices as good things. Fortunately, I do. I will wait until we have some good real world testing of both cameras and make my decision accordingly. If I end up going the FX1 route, the question then becomes what they will put into the pro-version as opposed to what I can add on and work around on the consumer.
Mike Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:08 AM   #19
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Gary McClurg : I was speaking about Canon not Sony. -->>>

So was i.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1