Timecode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 25th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Timecode

Is there a way to record the timecode on to the video that you are shooting with either the FX1/Z1U? I see a time code menu but have never understood what the settings do. I'm going to be filming legal depositions and they want to see the time code to show that nothing has been edited and to sync up with transcript.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You want date and time, not timecode (they are different). And yes, the Z1 can do this although the FX1 cannot. Page 22, 81 of your manual -- set DATE REC in the OTHERS menu to ON.

In the FX1 you can display the date and time on playback but it is not burned into the tape visibly. However, if you dub via analog you should see the date and time burned into your dubbed tape, or so they tell me. I've never tried this myself.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #3
Inner Circle

thx i got it to work. I'll have to be careful to turn it off, otherwise when I shoot for other purposes I'll have a date code burned to all my footage.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1