new report on FX1 from Govt. Expo... inside at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 9th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #1
Major Player

new report on FX1 from Govt. Expo... inside

Hi folks - found this post by DSE at another forum - as Chris Hurd alluded to in another thread, DSE saw the HDR-FX1 pro cam on the second day - here's hoping he'll eventually post here first hand with some more specifics - but he sounds pumped! And he DOES seem to know a thing or two, doesn't he?

from DMN forums...

"....Sony gave some folks a sneak peek at the new Sony professional HDV cam. Start saving your pennies, kids.....this is the next biggest thing in cameras. Can't say more about it other than it was displayed on an HD monitor, it was simply amazing, comparable to the VariCam at many levels...."

thanks, Spot!
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:58 AM   #2
Major Player

I'll save my pennys, but I wont spend them for a while because there is NO HD DVD burners yet. It's pointless for someone like me who sells there work. HURRY UP WITH THE HD DVD BURNERS SONY!!!
Greg Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM   #3
Major Player

Who cares if there are HD DVD burners yet. I want to get my material in the best quality for the future. I will let the output media catch up.

Just like DV. It has taken years before the tools and media got to the point where I can now put the material on a DVD, rather than VHS tape.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #4
Major Player

We'll I went over to my dads house to watch my movie on his Sony 42 inch plasma, and its shot with a DVX100, and looks sooooooooo bad. But if it was in HD it would of course look very clear. If i got this camera, I would want to make my movies in HD and sell them so people can watch them in HD. I want this camera so bad, but that fact that its to advanced RIGHT NOW will keep me using the DVX.
Old October 11th, 2004, 02:15 PM   #5
Major Player

This link is what i like to see, but i'm only a kid, so most likely it will be expensive.
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,118048,00.asp
Old October 11th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

DVHS!

You can currently get a DVHS deck and make Hi Def DVHS tapes to watch on your HDTV or for distribution to the limited number of people who have DVHS.

Just a thought.
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #7
Major Player

wmvhd on laptop through multimedia out to hdtv

or you can burn wmvhd 1080i on windows xp laptop, hookup to hdtv via multimedia connection (same port as when going to projector - most hdtv's have this port for input) and then watch on your hdtv.

have fun.
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #8
Trustee

I assume HDV footage would look better when it is encoded to mpeg2 (DVD).
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:28 AM   #9
RED Code Chef

<<<-- Originally posted by Greg Harris : We'll I went over to my dads house to watch my movie on his Sony 42 inch plasma, and its shot with a DVX100, and looks sooooooooo bad. But if it was in HD it would of course look very clear. If i got this camera, I would want to make my movies in HD and sell them so people can watch them in HD. I want this camera so bad, but that fact that its to advanced RIGHT NOW will keep me using the DVX. -->>>

And why would this be the DVX's fault? I've seen upconverted
SD to HD footage that looked brilliant for example. Yes, lesser
resolution than true HD, but not something I would call "so bad".

Perhaps the plasma is not doing a good upconversion job?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1