DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Psuedo live reporting of HDR-FX1 on my blog. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/33835-psuedo-live-reporting-hdr-fx1-my-blog.html)

Kaku Ito October 22nd, 2004 11:15 AM

Psuedo live reporting of HDR-FX1 on my blog.

check it out.

Kaku Ito October 22nd, 2004 11:50 AM

anyone who wants to video chat now.

my ichat acount is kakuito.

Troy Lamont October 22nd, 2004 01:45 PM

Video clips please!

Troy

Kaku Ito October 22nd, 2004 01:57 PM

working on it though it is getting late and I have to work tomorrow. Can anyone help me for the workflow of LumiereHD?

Kaku Ito October 22nd, 2004 02:59 PM

Chris,

Each files are about 80MB. Is there any place I can upload these files?

Heath McKnight October 22nd, 2004 03:14 PM

Send Chris H. an email and check out our HDV Editing page and ask the Lumiere HD question.

heath

Chris Hurd October 22nd, 2004 04:01 PM

Kaku

I'll be happy to host your clips. I will contact you by private email to coordinate this. Just need a couple of hours to get it set up first...

Mark Kubat October 22nd, 2004 05:41 PM

Kaku Ito, you ROCK!

Once again, Kaku Ito, our man in Japan, comes to the rescue.

I want everyone here to know, he's one helluva guy. He will take the time to answer your questions - he knows his stuff. He gave me so much advance info back in the summer on the Panny GS400 when it came out in Japan 1.5 months before it became avail. here - I knew he'd be our "best bet" to report early from Japan on FX1...

His reports are objective; he shoots intelligently to really gauge the camera for its stengths and weaknesses... wow, lucky break that the lumiere hd seems to already work....

can't wait to see some of his stuff along with commentary from him - Kaku's always been pretty much right on the money with his assessment and conclusions...

we are lucky!

Thanks, Kaku!

Chris Hurd October 22nd, 2004 07:06 PM

We've set up FTP access for Kaku to load his clips to our server, and I'm sure he will upload them as soon as he finds the time, at his own convenience. So... watch this thread!

Kaku Ito October 22nd, 2004 09:14 PM

Thank you very much eveyone and I woke up and sending the files to ftp.HDVinfo.net. It will take about 2 hours for all of the files to be finished transfering. There are about 10 files. Some are large and some are small. 120MB maximum. White balance is wrong on some of the files but I could not convert it to shift the color, but you know they are raw files directly captured from FX1. I will try to use Vegas 5 to capture and edit more concrete footage, but I'm not so bright on windows machine, so it will take more time. Please enjoy these files for now and look forward to better footage very soon.

So far, the controls of the camera are very good. I never run into any frustration while I was shooting. Bit large, but hey, it is a cheapest usable HD camera.

Mark Kubat October 22nd, 2004 09:33 PM

Kaku, you're amazing!

Great work, Kaku - we are waiting with great anticipation...

In the meanwhile, you've got the camera now - your impressions?

Good? Bad? Ugly?

You sound excited - there have been some other first-hand reports - everyone seems enthusiastic...

what do you like/not like?

thanks - Mark

Heath McKnight October 22nd, 2004 09:48 PM

I hope to try out the FX1 and then the Z1 (which I plan on buying).

Great work, Kaku!!!!

heath

Kaku Ito October 22nd, 2004 10:54 PM

I made a new thread for providing the files because this thread title was not so hot. I meant psuedo-live, not quite live, but made it look like the report itself is <psuedo>. Anyway, thank you all for your support.