Raw HDR-FX1 mpeg2 files are posted. - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 24th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Lorin good find! I saw the flicker and couldn't understand it. I was thinking that looks like 50hz flicker, but Japan is a 60hz country. Now it all makes sence.

Lorin I have aquestion for you. Did you by any chance take photos of the Panasonic P2 HD camera they showed off at NAB ( the $3000 one ) in April?

<<<<Checking out the frequency of electricity in Japan from this page: http://kropla.com/electric2.htm, it says that Eastern Japan is 50Hz, and Western Japan is 60Hz. Kaku is from Shibuya, which is in the Tokyo area, where electricity is 50Hz.>>>>
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:38 AM   #47
Regular Crew

help in playing footage?

Doesn't play in Windows Media 9 (which is the best I can have on Windows 2000), so tried it in Windows Media Player 10 on wife's computer (running XP) and get a COOD1199 error. I *did* briefly see a frame of footage when I tried to run it on my computer. Is there somewhere I can download something so I can view this sucker? Thanks.
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:41 AM   #48
Regular Crew

Re: help in playing footage?

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Nelson : Doesn't play in Windows Media 9 (which is the best I can have on Windows 2000), so tried it in Windows Media Player 10 on wife's computer (running XP) and get a COOD1199 error. I *did* briefly see a frame of footage when I tried to run it on my computer. Is there somewhere I can download something so I can view this sucker? Thanks. -->>>

Hey Jeff, I posted this earlier on page 2:

I'd suggest viewing with VLC player. It plays m2t streams smoothly, and allows you to watch them deinteralced without a noticable performance hit.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Brad Abrahams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Guys, is there anyway that one of you could post frame grabs from this camera? Even in JPEG format. Right now I am using a 433Mhz computer, and there is no way I can play an MPEG stream. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Daniel Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:57 AM   #50
Major Player

A little grain aint gonna *hurt*

You know, allthough it seems in the digital age us folks seem to hate grain.

Sometimes just sometimes i find that a *little* not too much is actually a good thing (in terms of mpeg compression) i say this beacuse when I was compressing old 8mm (camcorder not film) I noticed that clips that had some grain/noise compressed without macro blocks/ blockyness (VCD).
Someting about the compression algrothim working hard at atually compresing the noise thusin turn persving overall image deatil.

Anyway i think its time to upgrade my computer :) , HDV or HD rather is very demanding( damn! just when i was getting comforable with DV)
Anhar Miah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Thanks Brad -- and screenshot

I thought the VLC player was for Linux systems only, but worked great and was able to view the stuff.

Couldn't figure out how to do a capture so just made a screenshot and saved as bmp.

http://www.vegsource.com/fx1/

It's about 5 megs. If there's a better way for me to extract a grab, just lemme know.
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 12:45 PM   #52
Regular Crew

You can take screen grabs from Media Player Classic:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358

It is quite slow at playing the transport streams, so I suggest using it for screencaps alone.
Old October 24th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Thanks for the grab, Jeff. Does the footage look a little soft to anyone else?
Daniel Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 05:31 PM   #54
Regular Crew

Why do my Kaku clips look like 30P video as apposed to my live 60 field look. I have HD NTSC 60i clips that play back with the live video look. Kaku's material looks like frame mode/30P like my Iwerks films and DVX100 30p mode material.
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #55
Trustee

Converted to other formats....

Hey guys, I've got a workflow to convert the posted clips to other formats in case anyone wants to see them....from every type of Quicktime format to various AVI's, DiVx, TS. MPEG4 and and many different resolutions and deinterlaced etc........if anyone wants to see a specific clip converted, let me know and I'll send to Chris.
Old October 24th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #56
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Pappas : Why do my Kaku clips look like 30P video as apposed to my live 60 field look. I have HD NTSC 60i clips that play back with the live video look. Kaku's material looks like frame mode/30P like my Iwerks films and DVX100 30p mode material. -->>>

Hi Michael, this is perhaps due to the fact that the full 1920x1080 frame size is too large for your monitor, so a video player will have to scale it down to fit to your resolution. The scaling process usualyl ends up blurring the fields together.
Old October 24th, 2004, 07:27 PM   #57
Trustee

Here comes the sun

I should get out to shoot daylight stuff for you very quick (thank my employees for their understanding).
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2004, 01:59 AM   #58
Trustee

I had enough time today and help from my employee for better shots

I will capture these clips and upload them tonight.

I hope this will be feasible level of production to you all.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2004, 02:31 AM   #59
Regular Crew

YOU ARE GREAT!

very very Kind!

Best Regards

Gabreiele
Gabriele Turchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2004, 03:41 AM   #60
Major Player

Just been watching some of Kaku's clips on a Sharp Aquos 83cm LCD HDTV (1330x800 res.) and they are AWESOME!!!

The 0db 60i daylight clip is superb across the board - detail is exceedingly good - motion artifacts on the two running kids are non-existent - colour saturation and 'naturalness' is spot-on. Even examination from a few inches from the screen failed to give up any 'nasties', let alone from prime viewing position, where the image appeared as smooth as silk.

I was beginning to think that maybe the image quality of the HD10 wouldn't be exceeded, but comparing clips from both directly on the Aquos, shows the FX1 does yield a superior image right across the board (if only marginally in the detail stakes....).

The quality is possibly even cleaner than some of the broadcast 1080i FTA material. Anyone who's seen CSI on a true HDTV will have some idea of the quality that is the best that FTA HD is offering at the moment.....and from what I've just seen, that's at least what this cam gives!!!

There'll probably be some downsides for early adoptors of the FX1, but video quality sure won't be one of them......
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1