DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   PAL purchase list? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/34199-pal-purchase-list.html)

Betsy Moore October 29th, 2004 05:34 PM

PAL purchase list?

Is there a waiting list where you can sign up for the Pal version?

Chris Hurd October 29th, 2004 10:47 PM

Got a U.S. dealer who might be able to help, gotta call him Monday anyway so I'll make a note to ask him for you.

Paul Leung October 30th, 2004 11:46 AM

PAL version is selling in HK

In case you need it urgently:
http://www.sony.com.hk/sonyWeb/sony/product/web/changeLangModel.do?mainCat=DigitalImaging&subCat=Handycam&prodCat=HDV&model=HDR-FX1&valueAdded=feature&uid=CON_601C987A062C7BE1B4ABCAC55D3952BE

Ricardo Renaldi October 30th, 2004 01:20 PM

me too.

I'd like to buy a PAL unit too. If you can post the URL of a dealer, it'll be great.

cheers

Ric

Carlos E. Martinez November 1st, 2004 05:22 AM

Re: me too.

<<<-- Originally posted by Ricardo Renaldi : I'd like to buy a PAL unit too. If you can post the URL of a dealer, it'll be great.

-->>>

Ricardo,

Could you go have a look at Sony's HDV camera at last week's CAPER equipment show in Buenos Aires?

The quality of the images, seen on high quality 16:9 monitor, were absolutely striking.

Pity the version they had a the Show was a prototype of the pro version instead of the FX1.

I wonder if someone has seen both, side by side, to see if there's any image difference. My guess is, if any it will be minimal.

Carlos

Alfred Okocha November 1st, 2004 05:30 AM

OT.

Hi Carlos. I knew there would be some more people from Rio here.. Amazing that I haven't come across your posts before! What do you do Carlos?

Carlos E. Martinez November 1st, 2004 06:03 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Alfred Okocha : OT.

Hi Carlos. I knew there would be some more people from Rio here.. Amazing that I haven't come across your posts before! What do you do Carlos? -->>>

Several things: film/video producer, audio rental equipment, etc., among other things.

Have been on DVi threads for a long time, though I keep a low profile.

Carlos

Ricardo Renaldi November 1st, 2004 08:01 AM

Re: Re: me too.

HI Carlos,

Yes, I was at Caper and had the camera in my hands. Nice! As you know there's not much that you can do in a situation like that with so many people around..
There's a lot of very detailed insight posts already here and in other forums so I thought it was not worth to write abot my superficial experience. Nothing important to add. Curiosly, the man that was demostrating the cam was telling the audience that the product had 24p capabilities, I think refearing to the fake Cinemode, but people left the booth thinking abut 24p native.Mmm...

I was also talking to the people that sells professional Sony gear in Argentina (Viditec) and they said that Sony will not sell to them the consumer model, so they wouldn't offer the FX1. Pitty. Where are the dealers when you need them?

cheers

Ric

<<<-- Originally posted by Carlos E. Martinez : <<<-- Originally posted by Ricardo Renaldi : I'd like to buy a PAL unit too. If you can post the URL of a dealer, it'll be great.
Ricardo,
Could you go have a look at Sony's HDV camera at last week's CAPER equipment show in Buenos Aires?
The quality of the images, seen on high quality 16:9 monitor, were absolutely striking.
Pity the version they had a the Show was a prototype of the pro version instead of the FX1.
I wonder if someone has seen both, side by side, to see if there's any image difference. My guess is, if any it will be minimal.

Carlos -->>>

Alfred Okocha November 1st, 2004 12:50 PM

OT Hi Carlos. Sorry to hi-jack the thread guys.. Where can I find you? I'm going to need audio equipment eventually and I 'd be happy to rent it from you! WHat kind of equipment do you have? I guess you have some good audio guys working for you?

Carlos E. Martinez November 1st, 2004 04:40 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Alfred Okocha : OT Hi Carlos. Sorry to hi-jack the thread guys.. Where can I find you? I'm going to need audio equipment eventually and I 'd be happy to rent it from you! WHat kind of equipment do you have? I guess you have some good audio guys working for you? -->>>

Send me an e-mail to <carlmart@centroin.com.br>. I shall be glad to help.

When the FX1 is releasead it's almost certain that I will get one to use and rent.

Carlos

Carlos E. Martinez November 1st, 2004 05:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: me too.

<<<-- Originally posted by Ricardo Renaldi
Yes, I was at Caper and had the camera in my hands. Nice! As you know there's not much that you can do in a situation like that with so many people around..
There's a lot of very detailed insight posts already here and in other forums so I thought it was not worth to write abot my superficial experience. Nothing important to add. Curiosly, the man that was demostrating the cam was telling the audience that the product had 24p capabilities, I think refearing to the fake Cinemode, but people left the booth thinking abut 24p native.Mmm...

I was also talking to the people that sells professional Sony gear in Argentina (Viditec) and they said that Sony will not sell to them the consumer model, so they wouldn't offer the FX1. Pitty. Where are the dealers when you need them?
-->>>

Yes, I had the same impression when I went to the Show. The guy doing the demo did not really know what he was talking about, as this camera is FOR SURE not to be released in 24p version, at least for now. Sony does not want to compete with themselves on their upper models. There will be a 24p effect but you can not use it as on a real 24p model for a "cleaner" video to film project.

I also complained to Viditec on not having brought an actual released model, like the FX1, and they also said that it was not a pro model and they do not work with it. My feeling is that if they did there would be not too many people going for the pro and more expensive version.

On this forum I have been reading several threads saying that the pro version should have larger CCDs. That is quite unlikely and has not been Sony's policy in the past.

The indy market will certainly go for the FX1 model and quite likely use the PAL version for video to film projects. Aberrations should be nil then and the process quite more cheaper.

If people are looking for the best way to process a video to film project, they could also do a 25p (PAL) to 24p transfer, which is almost invisible, and then do a 24 p transfer to film. There wouldn't be any sound speed adjustment then.

In my case it will depend on which project gets to happen first to see which camera version I will buy, NTSC or PAL.

Carlos

Ricardo Renaldi November 1st, 2004 05:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: me too.

<<<-- Originally posted by Carlos E. Martinez :
Yes, I had the same impression when I went to the Show. The guy doing the demo did not really know what he was talking about,

On this forum I have been reading several threads saying that the pro version should have larger CCDs. That is quite unlikely and has not been Sony's policy in the past.
Carlos -->>>

Funny. The guy was saying that the difference in the CCd is that the Z1 will get "chosen" CCDs and the remanent are going to the consumer model. Sounds logical but who knows...

Ric

PD: I'd like to put my hands on an FX1 ASAP. Currently considering a japan Pal export model thru the guys from Big ten media. But I know nobody that dealt with them.

Kim Chan November 3rd, 2004 01:37 PM

i saw they are selling the PAL verison in hongkong for hk$32000 = us$4100, in store already