Any Testing Suggestions for HD10 / FX1 comparis at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 16th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Ordered My FX1 Should be Here Today - Any Testing Suggestions for HD10 / FX1 comparis

I ordered my FX1 from B&H and it should be arriving today!!

Does anyone have any test shoot suggestions. I still have my HD10 and would be very willing to do some comparison shoots between the two.

I am selling the HD10 (actually the 2nd of 2 - the first one is already gone.) If you're interested please look in the classified section.
Bill Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #2
Skyonic New York

testing the dynamic range would be good, seeing how far you can push the sony before it blows out a color...

shooting up at the sky with contratsing object like a tree is always ideal for this type of test
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2004, 07:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I have some comparison footage between the JVC HD10 and the SONY FX1 that I would like to post somewhere. I personally don't have the bandwidth or space available on any of my own websites.

I'd be happy to put the footage on DVD and mail it to anyone that's interested for actual cost of the blank DVD and postage.

Would anyone like to see it?

BTW: I'm selling my HD10 along with a bunch of accessories. Please see the private classifieds if you're interested.
Bill Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Bill,

A little suggestion on what to shoot if you want to compare cameras is the following:

1.) Line up two candles on a fairly streched out table. Flat surface obviously.

2.) Place Candle one about a foot away from your camera and place Candle two about 2 feet from Candle one.

Make sure candle two is justified to the right if Candle one is justifed to the left so you can see both candles in frame.

3.) a.) Light both candles and record the footage to see which camera has the best and cleanest light sensitivity.
b.) Rack focus between both candles to see which lense has the smoothest and cleanest focus rack.

4.) Blow the smoke out of one of the candles and keep recording so as to capture the fine detail of the white smoke.

Repeat this process with the other camera. Since DOP's use candlelight as a messurement on set, this method is a great way to test the quality of color, low light tolerance, lense and focus sensitivity, grain, and of course detail.

Hope it works for you. Its never let me down.

-alex

JumpPoint Entertainment
www.jumppoint.org
Alex Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 10:21 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Fantastic suggestion. I'll let you know when I have the results.
Bill Piedra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1