DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Any 25 fps cineframe clips posted? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/35747-any-25-fps-cineframe-clips-posted.html)

David Cherniack December 1st, 2004 10:23 AM

Any 25 fps cineframe clips posted?

If so, where?

David

Chris Hurd December 1st, 2004 10:37 AM

If somebody out there has a *nice* clip shot at CF25 from an FX1E, I'll be happy to host it.

Jim Arthurs December 1st, 2004 12:46 PM

I'd love to see one as well. The raw .m2t, that is. CF25 @ 1/50th sec.

And if that clip is shot with sharpness/detailing turned "off" that would be great. I don't think anyone has done that yet...

Regards,

Jim Arthurs

Christopher C. Murphy December 1st, 2004 12:55 PM

Yeah, I've been waiting to see a CF25 @ 1/50th sec clip too.

Anyone know how many FX1's are out there? How many sold?

David Cherniack December 1st, 2004 12:56 PM

C'mon all you PAL-landers....Now's your time to shine.

Actually 25 fps cineframe may be an excelllent aquisition format for us in the 60 Hz world. See my post at

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&postid=248640#post248640

A good clip will allow experimentation.

Steven Fokkinga December 1st, 2004 05:11 PM

I downloaded a cineframe 25 clip recently from another forum, but I'm not sure what the policy is, I cannot just send in someone else's clip. If you want to experiment with it it's less suitable, because it was converted to 720P WMV format. Look very nice though!

Jim Arthurs December 1st, 2004 06:30 PM

Thanks Steven... that's the clip from Dream-lx I believe. It's a nice long edit with many cuts, but it's downsized to 720p and has the additional compression of WM9.

Still, I letterboxed it, sized it to NTSC and added 3:2 pulldown to it... gives a very nice film look.

As David Cherniack mentioned, CF25 is going to be the BEST way to get a 24fps film look, since CF30 is limited to 1/60th second exposure.

That's the main reason I'm waiting for the Z1. I'd get a Pal FX1, but I know I'll need 60i or CF30 in addition to the CF25 feel.

Regards,

Jim Arthurs

Chris Hurd December 1st, 2004 07:19 PM

Yes it should not be from another forum -- that's not cool for them or for us. Surely an HDV Info Net member out there somewhere has an FX1E? Speak up!

Edmond Chan December 3rd, 2004 01:47 AM

To all,

Yes... i have the PAL version of FX1...

What kind of shot do you guy want?
What is the setting you want to do?
And how can i upload the m2t files?

Edmond

Steven Fokkinga December 3rd, 2004 04:38 AM

Hi Edmond,

I don't speak for everyone here, but I would like to see some nice footage of your city or countryside with some movement. With movement I mean both a static camera with moving subjects, as well as a panning camera. Both preferably with a tripod.
Since we've already seen the great picture the fx1(e) can produce resolution-wise and color-wise, we're mainly interested in the kind of film-look (or cadance) it can produce with cineframe 25. So that setting should definitely be on. For the rest you can try to tweak the picture so that it looks the best for the shot you're making at that moment. Maybe you want cinegamma on, that's whatever looks best in that situation. Shutter speed should be on 1/50.
If you want to upload your clips I believe you should send Chris (Hurd) an email and he will help you there...

Many thanks in advance for doing this, Edmond!

Steven

Steven Fokkinga December 3rd, 2004 04:45 AM

And oh yeah, maybe you could try to reduce the edge sharpness a bit (accesible from the 'picture profile' button - then scroll down to "sharpness"). Also you could put the color level (same menu) up two notches to get it a bit more saturated.
Finally I think there were some people at another thread how would like to see some handheld walking shots with cineframe 25 on.
Hope I don't push it too much here ;)
Thanks again.

Steven