DV EXPO WEST Report - Day 3: The final Frontier at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old December 10th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #1
Major Player

DV EXPO WEST Report - Day 3: The final Frontier

Last day onthe floor.

I spent some time playing with the Pinnacle editing system today. It does offer real time editing for the HDV format. They onlyhad 720p clips loaded into the computer, which I guess means they either didn't get the FX1 yet, or it might not have been completed for the FX1.

ANy of you Video Machine Veterans will remember when Fast released Blue. This is the same interface as blue - albeit modified a little. Video Machine DPR users will also remember that annoying Chroma or Luma shift when you rendered something. Now I would have thought after 10 years that would be a big they fixed. Turns out no. The rendering, which is in the background and very fast still renders it in RGB, so when you playback the timeline, you can see the shift from an unrendered frame to a rendered one.

For this reason, I can't recommend the solution. At $999, it's a great price, and the feature set is good, but I guarantee on your HDTV or more importantly, your clients HDTV it will be noticable and annoying.

Cheers

DBK
Old December 11th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #2
Trustee

thanks for the report darren... as an old fast vm vet who just started looking at liquid edition 6, the last thing i want to hear is problems with that render shifting again.

the scuttlebutt on the le 6 forums was that there was a similar problem with le 5.5, but it's supposed to be fixed with le 6.

did the pinnacle rep address the render shift issue you saw??
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #3
Trustee

for those of you looking at le6, i did find mention of something that could be this problem: http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read...&ThreadStart=0
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1