"Amazing tool" - At Sundance, Cinematographer Jody Eldred raves about Sony HVR-Z1U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 24th, 2005, 02:11 AM   #1
Trustee

"Amazing tool" - At Sundance, Cinematographer Jody Eldred raves about Sony HVR-Z1U

"Amazing tool" - At Sundance, Cinematographer Jody Eldred raves about Sony HVR-Z1U. He owns a Sony F900 (US$165,000) too!

Totally friggin' cool - footage from the HVR-Z1U will be on "JAG" this year.

Must read for soon-to-be Z1U owners:

http://www.cinemaminima.com/2005/01/23.php#a5561

Murph
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:40 AM   #2
Major Player

Sounds good.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

I like the FX1 which has the same image as the Z1, and with all the added features on the Z1, what's not to love?! I wish I could've brought the FX1 with me on a shoot recently where we had the CineAlta (F900), but no insurance yet on the FX1.

heath
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #4
New Boot

24"p" & 25i

I was in the 10:30 session where Jody presented. The footage was indeed impressive, however the Las Vegas footage (using the 24 Cineframe) brought up a few pointed comments from the group about its look: "strobish", "dropping" a frame", "artificial", etc. Jody had some footage from a football game shown immediately following the Vegas footage that was much better, he insisted that it was still 24fps, but it did look different, maybe different shutter speeds really do affect the "strobish" look of 24 Cineframe. The Jag shots were shot in 25i, and those, in my opinion, were head-and-shoulders above the 24. I was indeed left drooling over Jody's Z1 setup with the mattebox and follow-focus! Great overall presentation though, especially from our own Douglas Spotted Eagle on the amazing virtues of Sony Vegas. FYI, the Sony reps said that the Z1 was shipping in roughly 10 days.
Jared VanLeuven is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1