So...Am I the first one with a Z1U???? *smile* - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 1st, 2005, 06:29 PM   #31
Major Player

Shannon,

I really just meant something like the gas station footage, but holding it steady for a bit. Just to get an idea of what the footage looks like not moving around so quickly.

But my vote is to shoot the Range Rover stuff with the Z1. ;)
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 06:44 PM   #32
Regular Crew

So how is your AT-897 mic working with the Z1, please? Anyone else with experience with external microphones with the Z1? I want to order one with my Z1 and am leaning toward the AT-897.
Colin Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 07:34 PM   #33
Major Player

Shannon, if you go HDV, get mini35!

Why not have the best of both worlds? If you were willing to go mini35 for the DVX, you'd certainly want to really have that mini35 pay for itself in heaps if you use it with HDV!!!

But I understand your budget concerns/limitations...

It's easy here to type on the board and tell you how to stand up to your director!!! Ha ha!

(I hope at least you have your own motorhome for this shoot?)

Cheers!

If you go HDV, will you shoot cineframe modes or interlaced?
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:31 AM   #34
Trustee

Hey Shannon, thank you for posting those clips. They were great because you explained what you were doing.

Have you checked out the "Black stretch" feature yet??
Old February 3rd, 2005, 11:18 AM   #35
Regular Crew

I just got my Z1 today. Came out of the blue. A delivery man turned up with a big box, so I signed, like you would, and wet myself when I saw the Sony logo inside the packaging.
Man, I think my smile was even bigger than yours - my cheeks ache! Thanks for spending the time giving us a head start.
Colvin Eccleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:30 PM   #36
MPS Digital Studios

Here's what's weird: in the latest issue of MovieMaker, there's an ad for Sony (just a pic of a woman driving with a 24p logo and a viewfinder picture) and it says "Sony has more tools to create 24p..."

Included are logos for HDCAM SR, HDCAM, Digital BetaCam, Mpeg IMX, XDCam, HDV and DVCAM.

They should be careful since not all of those capture in 24p, but it made me hope for a split second there would be a 24p HDV camera, but I'm sure we've gotten enough confirmation that it won't be...

heath
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:02 PM   #37
Major Player

Doesn't mean 1080i can't be converted well to 24p ^_^. I think DVFilm and Magic Bullet need to be upgraded a little to make the process a little simpler though as I've been reading that a lot of conversion needs to be done first before getting ideal 24p results.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1