HVR-Z1U - what to do with it? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 8th, 2005, 12:18 AM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Andre Jesmanowicz : I bought a whole optical block from JVC for $300 and modified it ... then I replaced the whole block. ->>>

Congratulation, well your application is not conventional for sure. BTW your experience is very yummy. Did you see these Italian guys that opened up a brand new FX1, took away all the lens group and replaced it with another one? It is scary.. but apparently they are getting much better results. Your technique could be used to do something like that and still replace the block if necessary. Interesting, I didn't know you can buy the part like that from JVC.....
Gabriele Sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Another thing

Andre, I didn't follow well all the thread but did you ever had a FX1 in your hands? I don't really think you can fix it on your helmet. The HD1 is a blessing for you, so small and still HD. I love my HD1, it took time to work around the issues but now I do anything I want and the results are amazing.
Gabriele Sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Good question. By weight it's ok. By size? Is it larger than 2100? If not then it's ok too. Maximum I carried on my head: 20 pounds (night video with flash and halogens). Total below 15 pounds is perfectly all right.
Old February 8th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #19
MPS Digital Studios

It's bigger than the 2100, the FX1 at least, but not 15 pounds, I don't think.

heath
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #20
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Andre Jesmanowicz : Good question. By weight it's ok. By size? Is it larger than 2100? If not then it's ok too. Maximum I carried on my head: 20 pounds (night video with flash and halogens). Total below 15 pounds is perfectly all right. -->>>

While the FX-1/Z1 is much larger than the JVC HD10u in overall volume, it's actual physical dimensions aren't that much greater, and it's weight is very similar.

I actually find the FX-1e to be a very nicely balanced and weighted unit.

Weight should be around the 4-5lb mark depending on battery and accessories used...
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1