FX1/Z1 Camera Recommended Panning Speeds for 90º sweep at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 5th, 2005, 08:47 AM   #1
Major Player

FX1/Z1 Camera Recommended Panning Speeds for 90º sweep

Following link

http://www.abelcine.com/panasonic/ho...chor-Why-49575

is a reference to the recommended panning speeds of a 2/3" HD camera.

follow the answer to FAQ --- Why is that when I shoot at 24fps and I pan too fast, the image in the viewfinder seems to judder?

and you will see a link to a table of Camera Recommended Panning Speeds for 90º sweep

2/3 " cameras use 11mm diagonal CCD, wheras FX1/Z1 uses 6mm diameter CCD ---- so just multiply the focal lengths in the table by 6/11 (~.54) and you will have a useful table for the Camera Recommended Panning Speeds for 90º sweep of an FX1/Z1

example>> 24/25 fps with a 6mm lens zoom setting should take 15 sec to pan 90 degree

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #2
Wrangler

Keep in mind that this is the slow end of the "dead zone" (i.e. strobing window). You can also pan fast and avoid the effect. This chart should probably reflect this.
Old February 5th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Is that list maximum speeds ? Or , don't go lower or higher then that ?

Frank
Frank Aalbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 02:11 PM   #4
Wrangler

Sorry, I should have clarified. There is a window of panning speeds that will cause strobing; using a value from that list, you can pan at that speed or slower down to an infinitely slow pan (i.e. a lockoff!). But you can also pan a certain amount faster than that or faster, up to a whip pan. In between these lies that bad window--the "dead zone". I wouldn't want to arbitrarily list a figure for a given lens because I've never calculated it that way, it's more by feel and watching the image in the viewfinder.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1