DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Sony HDR-M10, HDV deck....well???? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/39288-sony-hdr-m10-hdv-deck-well.html)

Shannon Rawls February 11th, 2005 01:27 PM

Sony HDR-M10, HDV deck....well????

I guess nobody is buying this piece? Haven't heard much talk about it.

- ShannonRawls.com

Khoi Pham February 11th, 2005 02:28 PM

The only reason I would get it is to have better and faster tape transport than the camera, but someone already bought one and said it is no faster than the camera, so it seems like they took the fX1 transport and put it in this box, you might as well get another FX1 for that since it cost almost as much as an FX1.

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 11th, 2005 02:29 PM

I bought one, simply to be able to have the deck to work with. It's great with the battery component, and I'm happy w/it. But, it is close to the price of the FX 1...and it's basically a camera without the lens.

Heath McKnight February 11th, 2005 02:34 PM

Is it out yet?

heath

ps-Decks are great on heads compared to cameras, when it comes to multiple rewinding, fast forwarding, etc.

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 11th, 2005 02:41 PM

I believe so. I got mine straight from a dealer Sony sent us to as part of a package we bought. (Bandpro)

Heath McKnight February 11th, 2005 02:56 PM

I'm of the mind to spend the money on a good deck, though many would argue money spent a "camera without the lens" that costs as much as an FX1 is better spent on another FX1. What are your thoughts, Spot?

heath

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 11th, 2005 03:23 PM

Well...for me, it's compact, and although that's important, I can see that for most folks, a second cam would be more worthwhile. I mean, how often do we REALLY use decks any more, other than the shoot, and one time print to hard drive, and maybe one time print to cam/deck again? And since you can't deliver HDV to anything yet, there is no argument that you'll be making dubs or anything like that. So...second cam would likely be my go-for if I didn't have other reasoning. I'm doing so many roadshows for VASST, taking a cam didn't make as much sense for me, and because I needed the extra monitor, etc, plus it doubles for DV as an external monitor.

Heath McKnight February 11th, 2005 03:34 PM

Interesting points, Spot!

heath

Filip Kovcin February 11th, 2005 04:16 PM

i am waiting for my deck... any day now!
(hope next week)

filip

Toke Lahti February 12th, 2005 09:27 AM

Can't deck handle bigger casettes if you want to print longer than hour master in hdv (or dv/dvcam)?
Another use might be dub recording while shooting to avoid tape drop outs.

Chris Hurd February 12th, 2005 02:17 PM

Toke, this deck is for Mini cassettes only, it will not accept the full-size cassettes.

Filip Kovcin February 20th, 2005 10:31 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : Toke, this deck is for Mini cassettes only, it will not accept the full-size cassettes. -->>>

chris,

you are right, but when you open the silver "door" to put the cassette, it's very visible that - probably in nearest feature IT WILL handle bigger cassettes. the space and SHAPE of that inner "surroundings" of the tape "mouth" is in my opinion just made for it. maybe next model with same body will have that option. (or maybe even this one with HOMEMADE adaptation :))).

filip

Ignacio Rodriguez February 21st, 2005 09:57 AM

> or maybe even this one with HOMEMADE adaptation

Je je je I am sure that if someone gets away with that it will happen in Poland first! You are the guy that dissasembled a new FX1 to adapt other lenses to it?

Filip Kovcin February 21st, 2005 10:17 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ignacio Rodriguez :Je je je I am sure that if someone gets away with that it will happen in Poland first! You are the guy that dissasembled a new FX1 to adapt other lenses to it? -->>>

i'm sorry to tell you, but first dissasembling was in italy!
not in poland. the guy who dissasembled his fx was matteo.

ignacio, i know that you already know this site, but for others: check matteo's site.

http://www.eidomedia.com/hdv

i'm still not ready with my dissasembling site. (i'm dissasembling not FX, but Z1. :)

and WHEN and IF dissasembling of player/recorder happens - of course, will send a link to it.
thanks,

filip

Toke Lahti February 21st, 2005 06:48 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : Toke, this deck is for Mini cassettes only, it will not accept the full-size cassettes. -->>>

Amazing!

So even sony does not believe that hdv would be master format or else they have decided that "There shall be no av-programs longer than one hour!"
Behold!