What to carry it in? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 1st, 2005, 12:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What to carry it in?

Right, I got the Z1 through the post today. Haven't been able to use it properly yet but looking through my SD tv the picture quality is phenomenal.

I just love the look of the thing, and whilst it may not retain the build quality of the PD150/170 it is still pretty damn sturdy. I guess Sony felt they could get away with it considering how plasticky the DVX1000 is.

Any way, what bags/cases are you guys using to carry this thing around?

Cheers

Chris
Chris Jothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:51 PM   #2
New Boot

My Case

This is what I'm using. I line it with foam fits perfect.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=36871
Steve Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:30 PM   #3
Trustee

I bought the Petrol bag recommended by B&H but while it is a nice bag to carry around from the car or plane to a shoot, it is not what I want to use to carry a camera while walking around Greece this summer. So I am shopping for some sort of sling to carry it across my chest, while my tripod is strapped across mt back.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:41 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I posed this question when my Z1 came in, here's the thread with several user's responses, including my own final choice...a Storm 2720, which I like very much. It just made it's maiden voyage via FedEx and I hear it did very well.

Bab vs. Case
Sean M Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #5
Trustee

I've just bought the new PortaBrace bag that's just come out for the FX1.
Plenty of spare room for mics and chargers and tapes within as well.

Robin
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #6
Trustee

OK. You are on location. You strap the tripod to your back and need to climb down a steep slope to get some B-Roll.

If you want to have both hands free, and you do this kind of thing a lot, what do you carry the camera in? Not extra tapes, not a charger, no extra lens, no mics. Just the camera.

How do you give it a little protection while you get it out of the way while you climb? Something soft that won't dig into your ribs too much if your rear hits the ground once in a while?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1