HDNet has at least 5 FX1's (though they said they didn't like HDV) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 1st, 2005, 10:09 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

HDNet has at least 5 FX1's (though they said they didn't like HDV)

Okay, so they didn't like the JVC HD10/HD1 HDV, but while I was on a shoot today with four (!) CineAltas, one guy brought an FX1 with a sticker that had the HDNet logo and a number 5 (and the serial number). I was flabergasted, but happy to know HDNet takes the FX1 (and Z1, I assume) seriously. Don't know if the guy was an employee of HDNet, or what.

heath
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

sweet! That's good to know. I was talking to a buddy who was doing a show for HDNet and they were looking for someone to do some B-Roll stuff around town. I couldn't do it, as my cam is in Chi-town and I've been busy with NCAA stuff lately, but it sounds like something we all might be able to pursue.
Sean M Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:06 PM   #3
Trustee

Yeah, I figured everyone in broadcast would jump on the FX1 and Z1U.

It makes so much sense for the ROI of every broadcaster doing HD. Almost all HD that I get on my HDTV is 1080i - why wouldn't all those channels invest in the cheapest camera available and get as much content out of them as possible. It's to expensive to buy a 5 or 10 pro HD cameras, but a 50 or 100 Z1's out there is a pretty good deal.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

I bet HDNet and everyone else, including videographers and filmmakers, would've embraced HDV had the HD10 come out as a fully manual, 3-ccd 720p30 camera. Even if it's not 1080i or 24p, people would've liked it more.

heath
Old April 2nd, 2005, 03:42 PM   #5
Trustee

I think so too...JVC hurt HDV's credibility. But, I think 2005 will bring it to where it could have been. I don't regret buying HDV gear to early, but if I were to do it over again in hindsight...I'd have held out to buy in 2005.

I'm into my 2nd round of HDV gear - I've got a Z1U, but these other offerings are looking pretty sweet. I'll sell my Z1U if I see something at NAB that significantly blows me away.

However, JVC will have to seriouly knock me out to make me buy their cameras again. I feel way more satisfied and safe with my Sony...in my opinion you can't wrong with Sony. But, they could drop the ball anytime....we know that!
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:46 AM   #6
Regular Crew

A friend at a Mavericks game in Dallas said he saw their crews using "about 5 FX1s." This was before the Z1 came out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1