DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/)
-   -   Picture Break up (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-z1-hdr-fx1/45011-picture-break-up.html)

Gabor Lacza May 22nd, 2005 09:05 AM

Picture Break up

I bought the Z1 last week from B&H and I think the picture quality is amazing. I was yesterday at the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas and make some GREAT looking videos. Even in the low light tunnel of Atlantis it produced great videos. I used the PP4 Profile in 50i mode..the CF25 was OFF and everything was automatic except the shutter which was 1/50. But at times the pricture really break up like when I was panning (Slowly) the top of the picture break up !!! Any reason why it happened ???
Gabor

John Trent May 23rd, 2005 08:39 AM

Hi Gabor,

I don't have the camcorder your writing about, but I do remember reading that there are different steady-shot settings that can affect your picture quality. First, just turn steady-shot off and see if your problem goes away. If that's all it is, experiment with the other settings to see what works with different situations. Good luck.

Ron Evans May 23rd, 2005 12:05 PM

What were you watching the picture on when it was breaking up?

Ron Evans

Gabor Lacza May 23rd, 2005 07:43 PM

John,
I will try to do that, but other situation it was ok.
Ron,
I was watching it on a laptop LCD 17 inch 1650x1080 res.

Cosmin Rotaru May 24th, 2005 04:02 AM

could be the laptop... some nvidia card there? :)
How about the on board lcd? tried on a TV?

Gabor Lacza May 24th, 2005 12:17 PM

I didnt tried it on the TV yet... I will..
I dont think it is the laptop..it is a 3.6 GHZ P IV with 2 GB RAM and a Nvideo PCI-E 256 MB video card...

Steve Crisdale May 24th, 2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabor Lacza
I didnt tried it on the TV yet... I will..
I dont think it is the laptop..it is a 3.6 GHZ P IV with 2 GB RAM and a Nvideo PCI-E 256 MB video card...

Viewing via VLC? Checked the de-interlace settings?...

If watching the m2t (with the file extension changed to *.mpg) you should use WinDVD or PowerDVD instead of Windows Media Player, and make sure there's no background processes going on (like virus check, disk defrag, etc.) or any other open application or window. Smooth playback won't occur unless the video playback is the ONLY process occurring.

The only other thing I can think of is that shutter-speed and frame-rate may have created the effect. Similar to the 'stacatto' effect with some motion scenes that have been noted - a kind of mis-match between the two. I guess we HDV cam users have to get used to adjusting the frame-rate for the sort of scene we're shooting, as well as the available light... and if we want the shot real bad... we just gotta use lights when every other work around can't cut-it.