A great 32" monitor/HD TV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old May 24th, 2005, 10:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A great 32" monitor/HD TV

I bought the WinBook 32" LCD-TV at Micro Center after taking my Z1 into the store and testing it out. It has 2 compent, 2 composite, DVI, VGA, S Video, built in TV tuner and the picture is great, terrific detail. It works as a monitor and as a HD TV - picutre in picture, etc. The price was $999 after $100 rebate (retail $1695). If you are looking for something for both work and home entertainment, it's hard to beat. It weighs about 45 pounds so you could haul it to a job if need be. I've used it over a week and am very pleased. I haven't seen anything better for the money. I love using it with Vegas 6.
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I forgot to mention 1366 x 768 resolution, 720p and 1080i. The brand is Micro Center's and the price is a special right now to introduce it. Also, I posted this thread before seeing the other one on monitors.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #3
Trustee

What video card would be needed?

Thanks Jerry
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #4
suspended -- contact admin

You got ripped off. You didn't really get a built in high definition digital tuner but a crummy analog tuner that is incapable of recieving off air high definition signals. So now you have to shell out $250 bucks for a set top box because you bought HD ready and not HD built in.
Tommy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I didn't buy it for the tuner. I bought it to view my Z1 footage and with the DVI in it makes a good monitor for using with Vegas. Can you buy a 32" HD TV for $1,000? If so, let me know. I haven't seen it. By the way, send me a link for a good $250 tuner while you are at it. I can scrape that up.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1