fx1 new music video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 8th, 2005, 03:20 AM   #16
Tourist

Thanks Steven

Very much thanks, that was the information I was looking for, now my mind is quite clear.

And I now completely believe, shooting 25 shutter with this camera will result in progressive image, but, there is a big but, that does not mean necessarily getting good results, because the point is to get a progressive picture when the shutter is double the frame rate. (most of the times)

So, this is the drawback about this shutter speed.(25) Otherwise we could name this camera as progressive at this shutter speed. But, now, I understand, it is not usable most of the times. The picture is stuttering.

Well, no chance but continue with 50 shutter. Thanks again for the explanation.
Adlan Estemir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 03:05 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven White
I belive it's progressive because coming off a 50 Hz interlaced chip, it's impossible to have a 1/25th shutter without simply ignoring one field. Hence, at 1/25, you're essentially using the Cineframe25 mode.

-Steve
Steven, do you think shutter speed of 25 results in the same resolution loss as Cineframe25 as well?
Betsy Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1