Flash Media Encoder not recognizing FX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 24th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Tourist

Flash Media Encoder not recognizing FX1

I am posting this question here, because I think it is an issue with my camera and not the software.

I am using Mac Beta 3.1 of Adobe Flash Media encoder to stream live video to the web. It is not recognizing my FX1 in HDV mode. It only sees it in DV mode. Quicktime is able to recognize and record video, but FME is blank.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Brent Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Inner Circle

use it in DV mode, down conversion should not be so bad before really killing the picture with a flash conversion
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Tourist

I dont seem to be getting any response to this. Should I move it to the Adobe forum?

Was hoping that anyone with FX1 experience would know the issue.
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroud Francois View Post
use it in DV mode, down conversion should not be so bad before really killing the picture with a flash conversion
I was hoping to understand why the software is not seeing the unit. I can always down convert, although every step of conversion is degrading the signal. Id rather not down convert and then run another compression to get my file.
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #5
Inner Circle

There is software on Windows that relays HDV to Adobe Flash Media Encoder. It's called VidBlaster. I admit it's not free but the trial is unlimited with the exception of a watermark.

Plus, you'll need a Core i7 to stream 720p at 30fps. It's HIGHLY processor intensive.

Also, for live video, it's not recommended to use HDV since it's delay would not match up with a microphone which is truly live.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Tourist

Just a reminder, we are on Mac.

And, I have no issues streaming HDV at 720p and 30fps from a camera through our Mac. Sync is fine and computer handles it no problem.

My issue is with Adobe Media Encoder and our FX1. I cant seem to get it to see our Camera correctly. This same software (FME Mac Beta) works fine with other cameras in full 720p 30fps. Just not our Sony FX1.
Brent Hodge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1