Matte Box at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 31st, 2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Matte Box

Hi all hope your well

what is a good matte box for the z1? I looked at the format on eon creative video.

Creative Video Formatt FM-600 (FM600) Matte Box kit - New, vastly improved build quality

But i found these two on ebay, they are cheaper do any of you know if there any good?

Matte Box + French Flag for Wide angle lens 37mm-82mm on eBay (end time 06-Sep-10 12:29:20 BST)

or this one.

WIDE ANGLE MATTE BOX/FRENCH FLAG/LENS RING/FILTER TRAYS on eBay (end time 04-Sep-10 11:24:18 BST)

Thanks Guys

Ollie
Ollie Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM   #2
New Boot

Matte Box

Hey Ollie,

I have the FM500 for my Z1 and I bought the first ebay link you pointed out some time ago for my little HC1 as I wanted to use a few little tiffin filters.

I wouldn't consider using the smaller matte box on the Z1, and personally I am very happy with the FM500.

I guess it comes down to what filters you want to use, 4x4 are much more expensive than the little tiffin ones!

Best of luck making the right decision for you.

Dan

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1