LCD Viewfinder for FX1 & Z1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 27th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

LCD Viewfinder for FX1 & Z1?

I know this may have been discussed some time ago here, but with all these amazing gadgets that the DSLR HD crowds have access too, make me feel we camcorder people could be missing out.

I am referring to the Hoodman Hoodloupe/LCDVF type of device that would attach to the LCD of the camcorder to use in a shoulder type way.

Any ideas if such accessories are available that would fit?

I have seen this kind, which is cheap but unsure if it would attach to the FX1 LCD frame as it uses a magnetic style frame that the VF then clicks to, see for yourself.
3" LCD View Finder 4 CANON 5D 7D 500D LCDVR Z-FINDER - eBay (item 120624002532 end time Oct-20-10 08:07:32 PDT)
Gan Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

The problem is the FX1's screen resolution - it's simply not up to being used with the Sock-lupe (say). I've tried it - you stop seeing the scene, you just see all those lumpy pixels.

Mind you, for a screen that size the FX1 /Z1 has the best screen going, and that's because it's visible in broad daylight. The smaller touch screen on my NX5 may well be hi-rez, but who cares if I can't see it in sunlight?

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1