Z1 Accessory Advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old May 11th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #1
New Boot

Z1 Accessory Advice

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on a few things:

I've just purchased a Z1 and I'm looking to get into the wedding business. I had a Canon XL1s for about 5 months, and felt HDV was a necessary upgrade.

I'm looking to get a B camera that has a similar picture. I'd like to spend around £600-£800 on this camera (second hand is fine).

Also, my tripod has become rather unstable. I've looked around the forum and found a few that would do fine, but I may as well ask in here also.

Last of all, what accessories would typically be used with the Z1? Shoulder mounts, rain covers, the HVR-MRC1K card unit, and other things of this nature?

I'm looking to get everything I need for the Z1, get some experience under my belt, and perhaps grab a Z5, and use the Z1 as a B camera in the late future.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Ben Turvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2011, 03:50 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Z1 Accessory Advice

Ben, until we upgraded to EX1R we used three Z1s in our wedding video business.

The kit for each Z1 was: MRC1 mounted back and rear on custom brackets, four 16Gb Pretec CF cards, five FP970 batteries, radio mic receiver we had brackets made which fastened vertically alongside lens - we offered them for sale on eBay at £10 each but there were no takers - AT897 short gun in Rode shockmount, In addition we had three manfrotto tripods, one set of wheels, a Manfrotto monopod, Fig Rig, tiny Sony on-camera 10/20W light. We also had radio controlled hotheads for each camera but we still use those.

Hope that helps.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1