Cineframe 24 setting on FX1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 30th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang
this is sorta off-topic but... Tony, THANKS FOR USING COLDPLAY MUSIC in your preview video! I love Coldplay!
Uhhh..wasn't my clip, just merely pointing to some great footage shot using Cineframe25. Hope my previous post did not imply that the clip was mine.

I do, however, enjoy Coldplay.mine.
Tony Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hello. I just read this post. And i agree with what Steve says. Maybe HDV is not the best HD codec for going up to 1080 but i tell you that recording at CF25 you get a BIG difference with "old" miniDV when going to PAL.
Color correction is infinite and the extra detail quality really enhances the images after you treat them.

I am just finishing a project that was done entirelly at CF25 because i thought the compression ratio is much better and also it will be easier for the editing (less process time, no one says this but it is important when we do not have real time video cards). Also when i want to do a slow motion i just switch from P1 to P2 settings. They are the same except for the CF, so i can quickly move from one to another.

This links will be online in an hour:

http://personales.ya.com/autodrome/mardentro.mov
http://personales.ya.com/autodrome/escaleras.mov (in this clip one shot was done with dvx100e, guess which one)
Miguel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Reviving an age old thread

Graeme said about MPEG 2 4:2:0 Interlaced: "it's pretty hard to describe :-)"
(a big thank you to him and also to Steven White for his explanations)

I nevertheless would like to dig to the bottom of it. I have not found one conclusive source on the web, but this forum is full of brilliant experts.

There are based on my understanding two possibilities for colour subsampling to work 4:2:0 interlaced: (each element = 1 pixel)

Version 1)

YCb Y YCb Y YCb Y ... (1st line Field 1)
YCr Y YCr Y YCr Y ... (1st line Field 2)
Y Y Y Y Y Y ... (2nd line Field 1)
Y Y Y Y Y Y ... (2nd line Field 2)
YCr Y YCr Y YCr Y ... (3rd line Field 1)
YCb Y YCb Y YCb Y ... (3rd line Field 2)
Y Y Y Y..... and so on

alternatively:

Version 2)

YCb Y YCb Y YCb Y ... (1st line Field 1)
YCb Y YCb Y YCb Y ... (1st line Field 2)
Y Y Y Y Y Y ... (2nd line Field 1)
Y Y Y Y Y Y ... (2nd line Field 2)
YCr Y YCr Y YCr Y ... (3rd line Field 1)
YCr Y YCr Y YCr Y ... (3rd line Field 2)
Y Y Y Y..... and so on

This is inferred on my knowledge of 4:2:0 progressive and some logic reasoning and video experience. Which one is correct? Version 1 or 2?

If 1 is correct, cineframe 30 or 25 lead to half the resolution (540 lines) but with 4:2:2 colour spacing.
If 2 is correct, cineframe is indeed fairly useless, as it adds very little extra compared to dropping a field in post.

This is very important to me as I am thinking of buying/renting a FX1 for chroma key work (and I am in Pal land and would be ok with 1440*540)

Your help is very much appreciated - and the results probably very interesting for other FX1 users as well
Thomas Richter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1