Raynox lenses ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:08 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Raynox lenses ?

Hi everyone;

I'm looking for a couple of lenses for my FX-1 and am checking out a Raynox HD-FXR180 and DCR-2020. Has anyone out there used these lenses with their FX-1? How do the Raynox products stack up against Century optics or others? Thanks for any feedback or comments.

Gary
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:30 AM   #2
Major Player

I have the raynox 1.54 and its OK. I also purchased the 2020 and it have terrible vignetting.

Against the Century optics lenses, its like an old banger and a rolls royce. No comparison.

Raynox are cheap and cheerful. Low quality.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #3
Major Player

don't get them.

if you want a good telephoto lens grab an old canon c-8 lens on ebay for around 50.00 bucks. i posted some frame grabs if you want to see the quality. just search this forum.

good luck

joel
Joel Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks and more lens info.

Thanks for the feedback on the Raynox lenses. I opted for the Century .3 fisheye. Outstanding bayonette mounted lens for very close and wide; did I say wiiiiide, shots? Not as much barrel distortion as I thought it would have.
I also purchased a cheap sunpack 72 mm threaded closeup filter set (+1, +2 and +4) in this set. It's called their "pictures plus" filter set. I think they are also called diopters but I'm not sure. They seem to work well and let you get extreemly close to your subject and still focus.
Next I'd like to follow up on your advice with the tele lens options that you recommend.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1